Are you being less "careful" with your MBP now that its time to sell it and upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bobby Corwen, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I was eating some greasy salami slices and then I barely wiped my hands off before touching the keys and they got a bit oily and then I realized something...

I dont care anymore.

Now that I know the trade is imminent this machine doesn't feel like my baby anymore and I kinda feel less OCD about it. Its almost time...

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

No, I wouldn't do that with any computer. Not even my sucky work PC.

3. Sarngate macrumors regular

If anything i would care more, people would much rather buy a second hand Macbook in optimum condition than one covered in Salami grease ;)

4. axu539 macrumors 6502a

If I were selling my machine, I'd take BETTER care of it.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I treat my MacBook pro the same all the time. And it usually doesn't include being "extra careful". More or less the same as my other (PC) laptops

6. jgould macrumors regular

I may have just picked up my 13" MBP, but I wiped most of the gunk off my fingers before using my six year old MacBook. Of course it was white, and the white cases show everything... Now I'm hoping that I don't get buyers remorse over something in the refresh...

7. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

Well I can still clean everything and make it perfect before delivering it to its next owner.

I am just saying I usually have OCD with it because its so shiny and pretty and I clean it every week to make it perfect for my own daily enjoyment of eye candy.

Normally I would go wash my hands before touching the keys, but since I know Im only gonna have it for a few more days....

eh.....

8. DHart macrumors 6502

DHart

Treating mine very nicely... always with a thought to trade in value.

9. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

wow

I didnt do any permanent damage... is that hard to comprehend?

10. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

most people just naturally do not touch their keyboard while eating "greasy salami"

you however are the exception

11. aCondor macrumors 6502

People like you are the reason why I keep purchasing greasy keyboard Macs on Craigslist.

Stop it! For the love of cleanliness. Think of the children who will use the keyboards... think of the children!

12. torbjoern, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011

torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

No - YOU are the reason why YOU keep purchasing greasy keyboard Macs on Craigslist. :D

[​IMG]

13. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

I'm wondering..... What if you decided to stick with your current MBP & wait for the next update after not being overly impressed with Thursday's update? :confused: :eek: No offense, but aren't you "screwed" for being less careful with your current MBP? :confused: :eek:

14. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

No chance of that happening though...

???

are you kidding me?

15. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

My three week old Macbook Pro i7 4g 15" hires antiglare is being babied right now just in case I need to sell it. I have 8 charges on the battery and no scratches.

16. ozred macrumors 6502

Why would you "need to sell it so soon" ? An impulse purchase? Financial hardship? Bored already?

Me? I wouldn't think of eating greasy salami, you've got to value yourself more than that :)

17. azazel- macrumors regular

azazel-

Which model do you have?

18. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

19. kitzuki macrumors regular

kitzuki

Man why do people treat their laptops. Like lunch trays my sister does this is makes you laptop look hideous

20. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

2010 13 2.6 maxed out switching to the new 15 maxed

21. skasol macrumors 6502

This is probably why he is selling it. I am ok with mine, keeping it for a while. it does what I need it to do. I have the i7 2.6 with HR AG screen 8GB of Ram and 256SSD buying and optibay for 1TB addition.

22. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

With the Honda-like resale values of MBPs there no reason not to have the latest one every year. If you upgrade the RAM and HD you can even make profit while always having the latest and greatest specs.

23. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

This was how I was. When I decided I was selling it, I was super careful with it and didn't bother taking it out. Luckily, my decision to sell it, to backing up things, to prepping it to be sold only was like 2 days. My Craigslists ad only lasted 1 hour haha. Was really glad to be "rid" of it, only so I didn't have to worry about it. Now I need a laptop asap!!

24. skasol macrumors 6502

This may work for people with lots of money, not for me. I don't want to keep buying things over and over. I rather buy the latest and greatest and keep it for a while. that's is usually how I have most of my things at home. my watches, tv's, cars etc. I buy the best I can afford and make that initial investment the first time. but good luck selling and buying every year it works for some and not for others. The only thing I sell almost every year is my iphones. just because I usually tend to make money of them.

25. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Well, I definitely don't have lots of money but laptops and reselling (CL/eBay) is kind of my hobby. I've been nearly making money on my laptop purchases for the past two years. I mean, take my 2010 I just sold... bought new for $999 so say $1050 after tax. Being able to use it for the past 7 months and I bought a $70 upgrade to 8GB ram which I left in it after I sold it for $1100. Not bad to have the next newest MBP. Likewise with the previous years as well.