iPad Are you buying a new iPad this fall, when are you selling?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Appl3FTW, Jun 4, 2014.

?

If you're buying an iPad this Fall, when are you selling your iPad?

1. Selling now

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. July/ August

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. September

8 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. After announcement

34 vote(s)
    33.7%
  5. Not selling

54 vote(s)
    53.5%
  1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Do you have an ipad and when are you selling?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

Only if it's a significant upgrade over the Air. If not i'll wait till next year. I don't sell any of my tablets.

3. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I'd have to see what the upgrades are but if I do end up buying a new one, my iPad Air will be handed down to a family member. :rolleyes:

4. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Imma sell my iPad Air and get rMini w/ Touch ID

5. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

When to sell? Depends. Sites like gazelle are wiser to new models. On the other hand, eBay and Craigslist aren't quite as responsive to new models. It's safe to do an eBay auction like a week before, but really I don't know that you're saving a ton of money for the inconvenience. On the other hand, you're talking about a tablet, not a phone.

6. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I'll never sell my iPad 2 (cellular) for sentimental reasons. If I do succumb to temptation this fall, will either keep it here at home or lend it to a family member.

7. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I think im going to keep my ipad 4 and upgrade to a new mini, but im still unsure. Once i see whats out ill make a decision.

8. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Sold my 3.25 yr old iPad 2 last week for $300. Was in mint condition. Not a single scratch. Now all I have is an iPhone. Gonna be a rough few months but I'm holding out for Air 2. Can't wait!

9. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

10. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I sold my original Mini back in December after the Retina Mini was widely available at most locations. I'll likely do the same this year with either my Mini or Air.

11. Glassed Silver macrumors 68020

Glassed Silver

Happy iPad Air customer here, depending on the features that get added NEXT year I might upgrade then. Probably not though.

I assume I'll keep my iPad for 3 years.

And I sell none of my tech. (Mac/iPhone/iPad/... Nope)

Glassed Silver:mac

12. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

unless iOS 8 absolutely needs 2gb ram to run smoothly on the rMini (yeah right) I'm gonna keep this for awhile. I'll be updating to the iPhone 6 ASAP though :p

13. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I've bought every iteration of the mini so far.. even though it's only been 2 LOL.. just buy and sell the old.

14. bnmcj1 macrumors 6502

I had iPad 3, iPad Mini and iPad mini Retina.

iPad mini retina is the best Apple device ever. I will sell it if the new one gets more ram. But it is really a keeper. If they announce a 5.5 inch iPhone I will probably never buy an iPad again though - and just keep the rMini.

15. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

exactly.. the ipad rMini is really a perfect ipad device for me as well. it will be hard to top. but if they include slight improvements to it, internal and touchID, then I would be itching to upgrade again. I'm not gonna lie. LOL.

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My rMini is going strong, I see no reason to upgrade, regardless of what Apple may announce.

17. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

My Air is perfectly effective as is so no upgrade for me. I always wait several generations before upgrading devices anyways. I went from an iPad 2 to the Air. So, I'll probably do the same this time around and will wait 3 years or so.

Heck, I don't even have these safari reload problems or any other performance related problems. :)

18. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I bought last year's iPad Mini w/Retina display in silver/white. I'm not as happy with the color as I thought I'd be. I have the iPhone 5s in silver/white and love the way it looks.

So, when this year's iPad Mini comes out I'll be buying one in black and giving my sister the silver/white one I have now.

19. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Same here. As with most of my iDevices I will probably skip a generation.

20. Rodster macrumors 68040

If the Air is just a minor spec bump with no new features, i'll pass. The only thing I don't have currently is a rMini so i'm interested in that.

21. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I'm a softie for an iphone and ipad mini release... iphones I HAVE to buy, no questions asked. the ipad I think about it for a day and I buy anyways LOL. so i'll probably buy the new and sell the old :(

22. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

I have an iPad Air & a rMini. Don't think I will be upgrading, but I have a major weakness when it comes to Apple products. I'll have to wait and see what they announce.

23. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

u don't have to tell me about that "weakness".. insert <take my money pic here> haha

24. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Quite appropriately for the eyePhone. :p

[​IMG]

25. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

haha that's it! :D