Are you buying Lightning-Dock adapters?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by randy98mtu, Sep 19, 2012.

?

Are you buying a Lightning to 30 pin adapter?

1. Yes - Stub adapter

19 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. Yes - Cable adapter

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. No - Just using the USB cable

46 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I'm not buying any. I have 1 old speaker dock with the doc connector, but I never use it. Everything else I plug my phone into is just a USB plug, so the USB cables will be just fine.

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

No third party accessories, so won't need it.

3. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Awesome. Good story. Does it matter? Some will buy because they need them (ie for cars, speaker docks, etc) and others will just buy lightning cables.... Not sure it matters but good for you I guess?

4. randy98mtu thread starter macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Personal curiosity. There is so much uproar from some people, I was curious what percentage of people it really affected. Thanks for the attitude though. It's awesome. If you don't care for the thread, don't click on it. I guess you need a few adapters and are just bitter that others don't?

Sometimes the attitudes here really make me wonder.

5. jj47 macrumors regular

No other accessories so don't need it. I welcome the new adapter though!

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same with me. I'll need a couple of USB to Lightening cables for my car chargers.

7. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I do have a few 3rd party accessories but I am not going to buying any adapters. At $29 each I will just sell what i have and wait for the new accessories to come out. It will cost me about the same.

8. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Ditto, same here, as well. Two extra USB to lightening cables should do it for me.

9. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Probably not, because pretty much the only thing I use on any of my docks is my iPod Touch; I like to keep the phone "free" for whatever while I'm listening to music or watching videos.

10. jeblis macrumors regular

Yup, Need one for the car and it seems like a shame to throw it out just because the connector changed.

11. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I bought 2 extra cables, but I'm disappointed to read that Phil Schiller said no iPhone 5 docks. Of course we all know China will make some, but I was hoping for an Apple one.

12. randy98mtu thread starter macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I agree. I would like a dock. I might look into one of the rotating stands that just grabs the sides of the phone.

13. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

As of this post, it was 75% no. Interesting. Although that is about what I expected. If it was just me in our house I would not get one. Unfortunately my wife has a Bose sound dock that she uses as a glorified and horribly over priced charger (and for actual music on rare occasions) so I went ahead and ordered one of the cable ones for her.

As someone earlier mentioned, if I had other accessories (that didn't cost $300) I would seriously look into just selling the old ones and get new ones with lightning built in.

14. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

None. I plug my phone into my notebook, wall charger, and car which is USB.

15. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I need one for home and one for the car, ugh!

16. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Not from Apple. On principle I'd much rather buy from a 3rd party. While I can easily afford it, the bloody OEM part contains an obscene markup. I'll let Apple gouge others.

They've blown a golden opportunity to include one with the phone. Instead, they default to the greedy robber barons they are.

17. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Nah im good. All i need is car charger. I have bluetooth speaker to transmit to my radio in my car. And i don't have any other accessories.

18. koolhand79 macrumors member

koolhand79

Definitely gotta get one for my alpine car radio hook up. One of the connectors and an extra usb chord