Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you disappointed with the way Apple has handled the launch?

• Yes, I ordered on Monday and paid for expedited shipping and still haven't received yet.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Yes, I ordered on Monday with free shipping and still haven't received yet.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Yes, I still haven't received mine yet and had to buy in store.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • No, I received mine on time, I paid for expedited shipping.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • No, I received mine on time, I selected free shipping.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • No, I never placed an order online, I picked mine up in store with no issues.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No, I don't plan on purchasing the new Apple TV.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2011
I know a lot of us are having issues receiving our "pre orders". Some say this is the worst launch ever. Share your experience so far. Do you feel Apple should give us a discount or some sort of compensation?

RhythmAndBlues

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2015
"Worst launch ever"? Don't you think that's a bit much, dude...?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong - your opinion is your own, and you're entitled to ask the question - but I don't see the need to get too twisted-up over having to wait a little longer to receive some consumer electronics.

Each to their own, of course. But I pre-ordered a Popcorn Hour player five years ago that arrived 2 weeks later than advertised, and when it did arrive its firmware was totally crocked - I couldn't use the damned thing for three months. I'd argue that that had greater claim to the title "worst launch ever"...!!!

Last edited:

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I know a lot of us are having issues receiving our "pre orders". Some say this is the worst launch ever.

I think some folks are just going to complain no matter what.

Share your experience so far. Do you feel Apple should give us a discount or some sort of compensation?

I walked into an Apple Store an bought one tonight. They had the 32 and 64GB variants. I honestly haven't ever seen the Apple Store so empty.

Discount or compensation? For what? If you ordered online and you didn't like the estimated arrival times, you shouldn't have ordered.

betabeta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
I think it's just due to what we are familiar with when buying an iPad or iPhone, you get it on launch day Friday either in store or preorder.

Apple may just need to be more clear about the launches, in the past I feel they have been more clear.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Was the launch broken? Yes.

Do those of us waiting deserve compensation? Please. FWP.

Is "Yes, still haven't received mine yet and had to buy in store" the most ridiculous poll option in the history of MacRumors? Absolutely. "Had to buy in store"? Had to? Are you kidding? Please tell me you're kidding.

The luxury of immediate gratification has somehow devolved into a perceived (delusional) right. Just amazing. We are so doomed.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
I know a lot of us are having issues receiving our "pre orders". Some say this is the worst launch ever. Share your experience so far. Do you feel Apple should give us a discount or some sort of compensation?

I very much hope this is a joke.

Reactions: ohio.emt

kds1

Suspended
Feb 17, 2013
New York, New York
God knows where my **** is. Ordered it on Monday along with an iPad Mini 4. Mini is shipping to a store. Where the **** is it? Still not there. It's personalized, but so was my Mini 2 and it delivered to store much faster. As for the ATV, God knows. Others ordered on Monday and have it already, even those who selected the free shipping. Had I known, I would have just picked one up in store instead of pre-ordering. What's worse, is they didn't even offer you an option to pick up in store for Friday. Why has my ATV been stuck in PFS for DAYS? And where the **** is my Mini 4?

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Disappointed no, not at all.
I picked up a 32 and 64.
Overall I am pleased.
I would like to touch on 4K. The BS of there isn't enough out there is just that BS. I watch plenty of 4K material. This might none a long shot but I feel Apple held off on 4K to stick it to Samsung. If the atv was 4K Samsung more than likely would have benefitted from the surge. Apple has a phone and computers that support 4K+. Just my thoughts on why there isn't 4K.
What could be improved:
Set up - as many pointed out the remote app. Seems like a no brainer. Perhaps they could have supported a keyboard interface. I used the old remote to set up the various account.
I wasn't able to use the iOS device set up with one of the atvs on lan. The second on wifi worked beautifully.

Not disappointed at all. I knew what I was/wasn't getting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.