Are you getting an iPad 2 just because your wife wants your iPad 1?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by melman101, Feb 27, 2011.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

As the topic says, I originally was going to stay away from the iPad 2, however my wife is saying "But, you promised me your original iPad when the iPad 2 came out". Now I'm in a quandary. I hope it's a worthwhile upgrade :).

And I definitely need an iPhone 5 because I'm still rocking the 3GS :).

2. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Husband told me to get the iPad 2 and hand over the 1 to my child... Unless the upgrade is worth I might do so.

I am rockin' the 3G. I will be getting the iPhone 5. I skipped the 4 because my phone was still new at the time. :D

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

4. mofei1 macrumors regular

Getting the iphone 5 (current contract runs out in May). Hoping to pick up the ipad 2 when i'm on holiday in hong kong :D

5. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

I can really relate to this topic because as the topic says, I originally was going to stay away from the iPad 2, however my wife is saying "But, you promised me your original iPad when the iPad 2 came out". Now I'm in a quandary. I hope it's a worthwhile upgrade :).

And I definitely need an iPhone 5 because I'm still rocking the 3GS :).

6. MarilynSutchins macrumors newbie

7. Davichi macrumors 6502

Wives are very smart...

You think they will be just happy with old iPad? No. They will take your iPad first, and then take your iPad 2.

Glad, I am not married. As soon as you do, you start losing things including your wallet.

8. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

My wife dislikes the iPad. "waste of money" in her words. So can't justify defying the warden again and getting another iPad this year :p

9. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

most wives are getting the iPad2 while hubby keeps his iPad1 ... she just hasn't talked to the other wives yet. :cool:

10. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

11. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

LOL! My wife ain't taking the iPad 2 especially when most of the funds are coming from me :). She can have the iPad 1 ;-)

12. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

Giving the mum my iPad and I am going out and getting the iPad 2

13. Erkenntnis macrumors member

As long as my wife can steal mine every now and then for Plants vs. Zombies, she doesn't necessarily need her own.:D

14. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

I've certainly thought about getting the 2 so I don't have to beg my wife to let me have my iPad back. :)

15. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Wife hasn't asked, but she uses mine all the time and it's an inconvenience as I use it a lot for work.

So I will get ipad2 and give her my ipad1. Then when Ipad3 comes out later this year/next year, I'll upgrade to that, she can have number 2 and she can sell number 1 for me on rakuten.
    If she wasn't so into it, I'd wait for number 3 because I rarely surf the web. I use it is mostly for educ. apps and movies/tv shows so I'm only really interested in a better screen (and lighter/thinner).

16. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

My brother wants first shot of buying my iPad when 2 comes along. I don't think he will want to pay what I will be asking for it as it is the most expensive iPad 64/3G and he doesn't understand that I won't let him have it for under $500. He would give me the "but you've had it for a whole year already and I can get a new one for $500." Family, what you gonna do. Just shoot me now and save me the pain. :rolleyes:

17. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Agreed! :D Happy wife, happy life.

18. gdeusthewhizkid macrumors 6502a

one of my buddies complains about his wife borrowing his ipad all the time for netflix. I always thought it was funny lol. Now i see the situation is more widespread....

19. rooah1 macrumors newbie

iPad2's

We didnt get the iPad the first time so now we have to get two new iPad2:). Hope they are worth it....? But she will take my iphone4 because her3GS is getting old... Hmmmm :D and hence I have to get the iPhone5 - not a bad deal right?

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

My fiance is convinced that I'm going to get the iPad 2, but from what I've heard thus far I doubt. I told her if I did I would give her my iPad, but she told me to just sell it because she's going to want to play with the iPad 2 as well. Gotta love her :D

21. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

No wife, but I bet the gf would be happy to take my iPad 1 if I get an iPad 2. ;)

22. ggk macrumors newbie

Same here

For the first time my wife is encouraging me to buy a brand new Apple product instead of saying "do you really need it?". She already told me she wants my iPad 1 (the one she always borrows from me) when I get the Ipad 2. Question is: will she really use the iPad 1 or keep borrowing my "useless" gadget???

23. fanboy05 macrumors regular

fanboy05

I have a feeling we will be getting 2 ipads. I have been putting off getting one since I decided I wanted one back in June, and set aside enough to buy the one I want... I am betting though, as soon as OH plays with the ipad2, it will become a "Dont forget to pick me one up at the store" thing very fast. Between the macbooks and our 4 iphones ( 2 are the kiddos) , we are up to our eyeballs in apple here.

When the iphone 4 came out last summer I was going to get it, while OH stayed with the 3gs Of course, as soon as it was announced, we both "had" to have one preordered as there was no way OH was going to use the 3gs if I had the 4 :rolleyes: