Are you getting Call of Duty 4 tomorrow??

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
I'll get the Collector's Edition for the 360, not tomorrow though...hopefully "within a few weeks". It's 1 of 2 of the next games I'll be buying (Orange Box being the other). ;)

michaelltd

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2005
With so many awesome games coming out, I may have to hold off on this one for now, but I'll be definitely getting this for Xbox 360.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Oh, wow, it's coming out tomorrow?

I enjoyed the beta, but I don't know if I'll buy it immediately.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
well with Mario Galaxy next week, and Uncharted the week after that I don't think I will get CoD4 right away. While the multiplayer is supposed to be awesome, I never really get into multiplayer so... Plus the campaign (according to IGN) takes 4-5 hours to beat....riiiiiiight....

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
It's out sometime this week in Australia so I'll grab a copy for the PS3 as soon as I can. I've loved the series so far and all the reviews have been amazing for CoD4, I can't wait!

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Vancouver
I am very excited for it. I'm in the UK and it doesn't come out until Friday which is also iDay!

So November 9th will bring me an iPhone and COD 4.

Saaaawweeeeeeet! :D

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
Has reciveved 'AMAZING REVIEWS' on both PS3 & 360. Graphically it looks swish. I have this pre-ordered from Asia for €32 (as opposed to €70 here) so even though it may take a week to get here, I don't mind :)

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I'm picking up my copy of this and silent hill Origins today for the PS3 and PSP.

COD4 versions are the same so I'll get it for the PS3....free online baby...nothing is better:D

This month is not nice to my wallet at all...hating on my funds.

Bless

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
I decided to go for the 360 version. slightly cheaper, and I prefer the rumble and the 360 controller for fps, compared to the six axis.

I guess seeing as though the games are meant to be indistinguishable from each other - otherwise, and both are getting max marks for graphics, I think it's great to see a developer pushing a game and making it look fantastic on both formats without compromising one over the other.

edit...

Just read up a little. Both console games are 60 FPS and 1080p compatible on 360 & PS3

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
NOPE!

Blah blah blah thumb-stick blah blah blah blah blah FPS blah blah blah sucks. :)

I'm not even going to get this for the PC, unless it magically shows up on my HD during a LAN party. ¬¬

<]=)

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
well i went to go cancel my pre-order and my gf ended up buying it for me... so yeah I got it lol

Impressed with the action so far and while the graphics are pretty darn good, the animations seem a little robotic. But in any case, I like it a lot and wanna get into some multiplayer to see how it handles.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
So far so good....I'm not really that impressed although I should be because the game is beautiful....I'll give it more time.

I was hoping for a slower paced single player game but this is all out COD.

Bless

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
It's out sometime this week in Australia so I'll grab a copy for the PS3 as soon as I can. I've loved the series so far and all the reviews have been amazing for CoD4, I can't wait!
Picked it up yesterday. I've only played a bit of single player but all I can say is WOW! This game is amazing!

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
Is it me, or does the multiplayer seem more like an arcade. I almost feel like no skill is required, and you just run around and shot. I do think the airstrikes, and helicopters are cool, but I dunno in a sense I feel like its tooo much. In COD 2, it took a while for me to get decent, while in this one I got like 20 kills in my first game. IDK, maybe its because I've been playing halo 3 online for the past month.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
Got mine in the store ready to pick up. I'm pretty excieted, excpet for the fact that you ca't play split screen online, that made it quite a bit worse, but still great for 1 person. I'll have to see how it is.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
Is it me, or does the multiplayer seem more like an arcade. I almost feel like no skill is required, and you just run around and shot. I do think the airstrikes, and helicopters are cool, but I dunno in a sense I feel like its tooo much. In COD 2, it took a while for me to get decent, while in this one I got like 20 kills in my first game. IDK, maybe its because I've been playing halo 3 online for the past month.
Aren't all FPS multiplayer games like that when it all boils down to it? :D