Are you going to get your iPhone 5 in person?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by audix, Aug 3, 2012.

1. audix macrumors regular

Which is the best Apple launch? I've never been to one.

2. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

When it is announced, I'll be on the phone to Verizon setting up my pre-order and having it shipped to me. No activation fee, no hassles, and free shipping.

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

No, because I'll be in CA then, and I'd prefer not to experience CA's sales tax on the unsubsidized price.

4. Azzin macrumors 68040

I'm in 2 minds.

I went to the launch of the i4 at the Regent St store and it was quite an entertaining morning, but if I can pre order online for release day delivery this time around, I'm quite tempted to do that.

Although I don't want to be at home looking out for the UPS man to pull up!

I may go for a launch day, in person pick up just to experience the mayhem again, maybe I'll go to Covent Garden this time!

5. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I was at the Bullring launch for the 4 and it was kind of fun. Got there about 5:30 and as I had reserved was 7th in the que. Good fun meeting people. It was like Macrumors in person. I've not fully decided about the next iPhone yet. I'm looking to get the new iMac when it's released and I'm not sure I can do both. I guess it will depend on the release dates.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

White City for the iPhone 4 launch - never again. Was there for over 4 hours.
    This time it's home delivery all the way ;)

7. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

In person? No

Via the online store? No

This time around the phone is too unremarkable.

I'll be using my upgrade for a truly new smartphone yet to be officially announced.

8. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

pre order all the way.

Have done that for my last to iphones and is went smoothly. Even got on 2 days early.

9. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Home delivery for sure. I had my iPhone 4 before so many others. Maybe even early IIRC. I'm in no hurry either way, and I've never been to a store launch (camp out). Perhaps it would be fun?

10. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

It boggles my mind that people like you expect Apple (or any other company) to reinvent the wheel. How much can you really change a design. If you keep waiting for a "truly new smartphone", you are going to be waiting for a LONG time!