Are you going to pre-order or goto a store on release day?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMas70, Oct 25, 2012.

1. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

Just as the subject says! I camped out at the local Apple store for 12 hours to get my iPhone 5. I thought it was going to suck but it was actually a great experience! I could stay up til 3 but... I think I'm just going to get it from a local store. Either the Apple Store on release day. And if I do that, I can almost guarantee that I'll leave with something like a Mac Mini too. Or, maybe just try my luck at the local Target or Walmart.

How about you?

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Normally I line up but this time round I'm preordering online.

3. Jnava420 macrumors regular

Per order for me closest store is an hour away and don't wanna risk it I have no clue what demand will be for these with the short update for the 4 im hoping a lot won't upgrade and with the mini I just gotta have it on launch day or things just wouldn't feel right

4. Shayde macrumors newbie

Pre-ordering online at 3am EDT. I did that with my iPhone 5 as well. Was delivered early morning on launch day. Couldn't be happier. No need to get up early and fight a crowd :).

5. token787 macrumors regular

token787

Store. Would love to see both in person before make a decision which I already know mini is not on my list but maybe the 4.

6. tylerdurden500 macrumors newbie

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

8. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Preordered...and delivered to work.
    First time actually preordering for me, we'll see how that goes.

9. Liquinn Suspended

I'll be deffo getting the iPad 4 on launch day via a store.

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

11. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Pre-order, I refuse to stand in a line like that for anything.

Last time was when my daughter was 5 and wanted some crazy toy and I stood in a line at KB Toys at 3AM on Black Friday, got up to the counter and they were sold out. After that, no thank you.

12. Karr271 macrumors regular

13. ramnj macrumors member

14. token787 macrumors regular

token787

I don't think it will be lines for this event, not like it's the iPhone. I did go to the store day of Iphone launch it was crowded and atmosphere was great but no lines and most in there to order or browse.

15. Akash.B macrumors regular

I have never waited in a line at an Apple store before so I think this will be a fun experience. Especially since I think there will be enough stock to get one

16. jpep macrumors member

I think i'm ok if I wait until Early Dec sometime as it is for my 8 year old son to get the mini for the Holidays. in store

17. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

And the Winner is . . .

I pre ordered. The nearest Apple Store is a 40 minute drive. Even if I lived in the same city I think I'd still pre order. I did the Apple Store launch thing with my iPhones (when I lived in the same city as the Apple Store was located). It was fun but not sure if I'd like to do this again.

18. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

While I would actually like to go to an apple store on a launch day (for the atmosphere); its at least one and a half hours drive for me and as I work all night its not really practical.

Pre-order is enough (does mean I will not get to bed on the 2nd until Mr Postman arrives)-- that probably actually means I'll wait for the postie with mugs of coffee in either hand; and then spend the rest of the day bleary eyed to play with my new toy.....)

19. Sech macrumors member

Pre-ordered. I don't have the time or desire to stand in line.