Are you going to preorder/buy right away if iMac is announced on 23rd?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bobright, Oct 17, 2012.

  1. bobright macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2010
    #1
    I want to just like I did the iPhone 5 but with the problems that might arise for the first wave of units think im going to wait. It's going to be damn tempting though.
     
  2. Imaginethe macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2012
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    I will buy as soon as I confirm whether RAM is still upgradeable or not.
     
  3. ngenerator macrumors 68000

    ngenerator

    Joined:
    May 12, 2009
    Location:
    USG Ishimura
    #3
    Buying ASAP, then getting all my stuff onto the new one just the way I like, with Time Machine saving every second of it. If I run into any issues within the first two weeks, I will be returning it and ordering a new one.

    Does anyone know: If I buy a BTO iMac, does the 14 day return period start from the day I place the order, or the day it ships (2-4 days later)? I'm trying to figure out what the best option is, either in-store pickup or getting it shipped to the office (keeping in mind the 14 day return period).

    I sold my 2010 i3 to my dad in March, and am ready to pull the trigger again!
     
  4. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

    iMcLovin

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2009
    #4
    buying instantly. Need to know before I order though what kind of ram and if I can upgrade myself.
     
  5. forty2j macrumors 68030

    forty2j

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    Location:
    NJ
    #5
    Depends, really. I want SSD, and I'd prefer to order through Best Buy (for points). If there's a standard SSD on the top 27", I'll wait for BB to get stock and order through them. Otherwise I guess I'll BTO through Apple.com right away.
     
  6. bayleaves macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2012
    Location:
    Silicon Valley
    #6
    Instant Gratification

    I will be placing my order the instant I am able to do so. However, unless they come out with a 24", I'll (hopefully) order the 27" even if it's delayed. I have the 2007 24" iMac now, and the 21.5" would just be too small for me. It would be nice to finally get my birthday present from last February! If we have to wait too long, then my husband will say it counts as my birthday present for both 2012 AND 2013, and that's just not right ;)

    In any case, I hope the announcement is indeed next week and the actual shipment of the new iMacs follows soon after, because although my 2007 iMac has been a trooper, it has slowed way down and I am definitely ready for a fancy new machine!
     
  7. element1108 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2008
    Location:
    Toronto
    #7
    Pending a few internal details....I will be ordering a BTO 27 straight away. If there is a shocking Mac Pro release (99.9% impossible) I will ditch my imac requirement for Mac Pro....

    Looking forward to next Tuesday though to see what's up.
     
  8. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

    Apple fanboy

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2012
    Location:
    Behind the Lens, UK
    #8
    Probably pick up from my local apple store as soon as stock becomes available is the plan (I've been waiting since February). However if no SSD as standard I'll have to weigh up the BTO options. Dead excited to get my first Mac though.
     
  9. Flood123 macrumors 6502a

    Flood123

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2009
    Location:
    Living Stateside
    #9
    I will plop down my cash the day it is released.
     
  10. Bargle macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2012
    #10
    I thought BTO options didn't exist until a few months after an iMac was released...
     
  11. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2012
    Location:
    UK
    #11
    I'm away for the first two weeks of November. So, I'll probably not rush as I don't want it arriving when I'm not around. Will spend the first week absorbing the specs, third and fourth weeks reading reviews and then maybe commit.
     
  12. bayleaves macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2012
    Location:
    Silicon Valley
    #12
    Most of us are already committed. Or should be. :D
     
  13. skyenet macrumors regular

    skyenet

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2012
    Location:
    Near Glasgow - Scotland
    #13
    I am waiting patiently for a 27" and will probably go for BTO as soon as it becomes available to order. I want Maximum Graphics capabilities so reckon that will be an option. Also be interesting to see what the storage options are before I decide what options to tick. For expanding RAM I will go with Crucial as I have found them excellent in the past. I have never taken out AppleCare before but reckon as I am going for probably one of the most expensive configurations and because it is new that it will be a small price to pay for peace of mind. Hoping for delivery of a BTO 27" by mid December at latest. Will get an Educational discount as I work in a school and would be nice to have it for playing with over the Xmas/New Year holidays :)
     
  14. eswank macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2006
    Location:
    NorCal
    #14
    I will be ordering BTO if I can upgrade RAM and HDD but we'll have to wait and see what happen on Tuesday. If its not to my liking I will have to go with the 2011 refurbs.
     
  15. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2012
    Location:
    UK
    #15
    Hmm, hadn't thought of not liking new model. If first impressions are not good, then possibly a refurb order before the old ones go.
     
  16. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

    boy-better-know

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    Location:
    England
    #16
    If the 27" is available, hell yes, I will buy the moment it becomes available.
     
  17. jetjaguar Suspended

    jetjaguar

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2009
    Location:
    somewhere
    #17
    Yeap. I have been waiting a long time.
    Hopefully ram is upgradeable
     
  18. garrize macrumors regular

    garrize

    Joined:
    May 20, 2012
    Location:
    Paris, France
    #18
    I guess I'll have to wait for the 27" BTO to be available... :(
     
  19. Nandifix macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 10, 2012
    #19
    Yep day one for me. It will be my first apple product that I buy on launch day:)
     
  20. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2006
    #20
    Was going 27 purely for the big screen and extra graphics - but its too big for my setup so going for the 21 + i7 on day one.
     
  21. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

    AppleDApp

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2011
    #21
    Why wouldn't BTO options be available on day one?
     
  22. Icaras macrumors 603

    Icaras

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2008
    Location:
    California, United States
    #22
    Maybe some parts might be scarce at launch? Who knows, but it's happened before and is really not uncommon for launches of new Macs. Basic configs are always immediately available, but sometimes adding extra RAM or changing up the GPU will bump your shipment times up to days to even weeks.

    Just so we're clear, they'll be available on day one to order, but just expect your shipping times to be longer. At the very least, within 2-3 business days longer to ship out BTOs.
     
  23. skyenet macrumors regular

    skyenet

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2012
    Location:
    Near Glasgow - Scotland
    #23
    I have waited for months so another week or so extra will not be a problem to end up with top specs :) SO looking forward to eventually running X-Plane at decent speed/resolution and over 3 screens, not to mention all the other speed increases for my other Applications :)
     
  24. Icaras macrumors 603

    Icaras

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2008
    Location:
    California, United States
    #24
    Yea, and after the longest wait time ever for the iMac, a few days to a week should be nothing. :p
     
  25. HurryKayne macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2010

Share This Page