Are you going to take your iPod touch out of the drawer now that iOS 8 has continuity

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by theapplefanboyj, Aug 29, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

Are you going to take your iPod touch out of the drawer now that iOS 8 has continuity? For me, I will. My phone will be used when I go out and when I'm home, I'll use the iPod.

2. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Personally, I just think you should use the phone only, unless you have an iPhone 4S. Performance now on iOS 7 between iPod 5 and iPhone 5 is night and day, (trust me, I have compared between my iPod 5 and another persons iPhone 5, control center/notification center is 100% smooth on iPhone 5 whereas I would estimate the iPod runs it anywhere from 20-40FPS, not 60FPS.) not even going as far as iPod 5 and iPhone 5S.

But seriously, the control center and notification center and siri and Safari tabs and anything pertaining to translucency is pretty dang choppy on the iPhone 4S and iPod 5 (Oddly enough, it isn't that bad on the original iPad mini :rolleyes:)

But anyway, due to performance inconsistencies, I think you probably should just stick to your phone.

Only benefit I can see here is that using BOTH devices rather than just one, means that usage gets spread between the two, so the battery won't die so quick on one or the other.

Phone calls with continuity on an iPod won't be too private unless you use headphones either, considering there's no earpiece :p