Are you guys buying a rubber band solely for exercise?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Mar 28, 2015.

?

Are you buying an extra rubber band for exercise?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2015.
  1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    48.5%
  1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I really don't want to sweat all over my Milanese or leather loops... Are you guys purchasing a separate leather band for exercising and sweating?

2. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Link bracelet will be my day to day, sports band for excercise.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Why bother? :cool:

[​IMG]

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Because Apple says so.

6. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Zommggggg :mad:

7. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I hope they really do come with two bands in the box. I'm gonna snag my husband's smaller black band.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The Milanese loop is SS so you should in theory be able to wear it for exercising and rinse it afterward. Leather loop is a no go as none of the leather bands are water resistant.

9. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Huh? Two comes when u buy the Milanese?

10. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

My husband is getting the SS with a sport band. Since Apple themselves don't know what they mean by "2 bands, one S/M and one M/L" means on their packaging, I am hoping it'll wind up meaning there are two complete bands in there so I don't have to buy myself a sport band. I can use his extra. :)

----------

I agree. The Milanese should be fine to get wet.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, she's hoping that the Sport bands will come as two full bands so she can snatch the smaller band that her husband won't need and use that, rather than two different size bands and a one size fits all fastener.

12. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Yep yep!

I talked to this Apple Rep today that seemed to know less than what's listed on the web site about a variety of topics related to the Apple Watch. Told the girl I was buying the Apple Watch series SS with a sport band and she started pointing me to urls about the Sport series. I just abandoned the chat and gave up. I'll wait for more info to roll out directly from Apple. Right now, their site says there will be 2 bands in that box. Not 2 sections for S/M and M/L along with another section that can be used with either, so I am gonna assume for the moment that there will be 2 complete bands.

I thought about it some and realized that one section being used for both might be a bit weird from a length perspective if the intent is to have the product fasten in approximately the same area on the inside of the wrist. I hope that's the case, because there would have to be 2 complete bands to do this.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's shown as two disparate lengths, but that's a good point.

[​IMG]

14. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Couldn't answer the poll. I'm not buying an extra rubber band solely for exercise, I'm getting a watch that comes with a rubber band because I will wear it when I go out on my runs (often rainy) and I can't be bothered changing the band. That, and I prefer the sportier look of the rubber band. Not into the bling-bling look of the others.

15. bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

definitely...i work out 6 days a week..i will wear the sports band 90% of the time..getting the milanese and leather loop for when i go out at night etc or somewhere formal..will eventually get the link bracelet as well..that's what i really want..but the wife is against a $1000 watch, which i will replace when gen 2 comes out..really hoping the bands work with gen 2..would be a shame and a sham if they don't.

16. FlatCable macrumors member

Because you can't get a similar band for cheaper.

----------

The problem with the milanese is the magnetic mechanism... can be a problem depending on your exercise, and how strong it actually is...

17. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's funny how many people are afraid Apple will use such weak magnets that it's liable to fall off with the swing of the arm.

18. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

I feel like it will come with 3 strap parts. Only one being an extra that's a different size. I don't feel like we get 2 sets

19. FlatCable, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015

FlatCable macrumors member

I don't think they are using such weak magnets.

But it depends on your training. If you are just running, or stationary, it might be okay... but can I jump rope? Can I play sports like squash or soccer? Don't think so. I do HIT (high-intensity interval training) and I don't think that a milanese will work with that.

Note for people who want leather bands:

[​IMG]

Quality leather doesn't comer waterproof, because that hides the beauty and softness of the leather.

If you want to trade that for waterproofness, you have to buy waxes like that, either in cream, or soap bars, or even in spray and apply it yourself. It's easy.

20. jrauguste macrumors newbie

jrauguste

21. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I'm thinking it may have to be 2 separate pieces for each size if the intent is for it to fasten roughly in the middle of the inside of the wrist on each person who wears it.

I guess we shall see. :)

22. JCT1212 macrumors regular

23. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Yeah, I noticed that, but maybe it has to do with the way it wraps to close. So hard to say. Apple reps don't seem to really have the answers, either.

24. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I can see that too. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised with either possibility because rubber bands cost next to nothing to make.

25. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Agreed. 50 dollars is a bit steep for a single band. Then there's packaging and tracking stock when they start to sell separately. Whatever this 2-band thing entails, I think Apple plans this to be a single solution regardless of wrist size.