Are you happy you upgraded to 7.1? Or do you wish you had stayed on 7.0.X?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by easy-peasy, Mar 19, 2014.

?

Are you happy you upgraded to 7.1? Or do you wish you had stayed on 7.0.X?

1. Yes. Very happy with 7.1

115 vote(s)
    78.8%
  2. No. I wish I stayed on 7.0.X

21 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. Not sure yet. Too soon to tell.

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. easy-peasy macrumors regular

Simple question:
    - Are you happy you upgraded to 7.1?
    - Or do you wish you had stayed on 7.0.X?

Please include your iPhone version (4s, 5, 5s, etc) in your answer :)

2. sunking101, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014

sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

iPhone 5 here.
    Wish I'd stayed on 6.1.3 to be honest but if we're picking flavours of iOS7, then none are perfect are they? I prefer the better stability of Safari and improved calendar in 7.1, but I preferred the UI (dialler screen & weather animations with reduce motion on) and battery life in 7.0.4.
    As iOS7 robbed me of around 3 hours of usage time each charge cycle compared to iOS6, I waited 6 months for Apple to fix this...and what did 7.1 do? It robbed me of another 40 minutes!

Hopefully 7.1.1 will address these nagging concerns...

3. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

4. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Simple question. Simple answer. I'm very happy. Personally, apart from people who jailbreak it's stupid if you haven't updated. 7.1 is a fantastic update, faster in performance, fixes springboard crashes, on 5s Touch ID is a lot faster, animations are faster, need I say more?

5. Defender2010, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014

Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

What a silly poll. "I'm so happy I could "sh**" springs to mind. (Serial Mom)

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

7. Krupha macrumors newbie

Guys,I have personally thought after iOS 6.1.2 ,with the jailbreak, only the 7.0.4 was zippy.All the ones before lagged and made the phone bad.While many tell the 7.1 is the best so far for performance,I dont want to lose my jailbreak if that's not that worth it.moreover,is the 25pp working on 7.1?then i might consider updating. :apple:

pls advise.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm happy, it has not caused any further issues, and seems to have fixed some bugs

9. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

There's still random bugs where it doesn't unlock and I have to reboot it. Show stopping bugs that should have been fixed months ago. I'm wishing I had stayed on iOS6, too.

Using an iPhone 4s.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Since I have 3.1Mbps DSL (at best, which is not always), and since each device type has its own iOS download, I'm waiting until the brouhahas have ended (or until someone says yeah there's going to be a 7.1.x soon / not-soon). So I'm at 7.0.6 on idevices new enough to run any iOS7.

I don't like being behind the curve but it's too annoying in my circumstance to run all the upgrades only to have to start downloading the quick fix versions, if there is going to be such a release. I'll do the phone first whenever I decide to take the 7.1(.x) plunge. Hearing abouit battery issues is a little offputting but it souinds like a DFU and restore may resolve that if I encounter it...

11. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

12. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Glad to have stayed on 7.0.6. I send attachments quite often from the road and need that capability that only comes with a JB. I also like OpenNotifier and f.LUX, Virtual Home and Forecast.

13. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Reallllyyyyyy happy that I updated.
    It only gets better.

14. iRoRo macrumors regular

iRoRo

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is that the one where you can't quite leave the lock screen--it slides over a bit but not all the way and that's it?

16. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

No, this is the one where the notification center gets stuck open ~1cm from closing (just enough where you can see the bottom tab part), and since the notification center is "open", you can't unlock the phone. But since the notification center isn't really open, you can't do anything except open the notification center, which doesn't fix the problem and it still doesn't close.

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

Interesting, I guess another iteration of it. I've gotten one where the lock screen wouldn't slide over more than half way and that's basically it. So you can use the camera from the lock screen or you can use notification center or even control center (if you have those enabled) but can't get beyond the lock screen or the PIN screen which doesn't accept input if you do get to it (by trying to open a notification). Reset is pretty much the only thing that solves it. Ran into that a few times since iOS 7.1 beta days.

18. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm ambivalent. The good news is that I haven't had any hard freezes so far with 7.1. The bad news is that it takes a long time for my Bluetooth keyboard to wake up now (used to be 2-3 seconds, is now about 10 seconds). I've reported that as a bug so hopefully it'll be fixed in 7.1.1 (although my other reported bugs in 7.0.x haven't been fixed yet so I'm not holding my breath).

19. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Pretty silly poll... Did you see how many people on here were pissed when 7.1 wasn't released in the first week of March?

20. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

Not a big fan of the bolder keyboard, less translucency and the new call screen, but everything runs great.

21. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Just because we wanted improvements, it doesn't necessarily mean that we got what we wanted.

22. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Neither. I'm disappointed I can't downgrade to iOS 6.

But since this is a poll, 7.0.6. because of jailbreak. I already endured 6 months of no jailbreak after giving up 6 for iOS 7 betas. Probably the worst tech decision I've ever made. They were some pretty bad months.

23. minabasla macrumors newbie

I'm happy with the 7.1 but I wish there was no battery issue that will make me more happier

24. TWD98j macrumors regular

Overall happy with it. I have a 5S and the iOS moves much faster, going in and out of folders, switching between apps, etc than on 7.0.4.

Also, safari used to crash 1-2 times/day on 7.0.4 and (so far) it has only done so like twice total since 7.1 was installed.

I don't really notice any difference with Touch ID as it worked great for me on 7.0.4 and still works just as well on 7.1.

25. jsjar macrumors newbie

i am sticking with 7.0.6 for now my jailbreak is of more use to me than anything offered in 7.1