Are you insulted?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by whoknows87, Oct 5, 2012.

1. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

I feel insulted that both candidates have nothing better to talk about other than Big Bird, I'm talking about both candidates, is the american voter that naive?

I feel like I'm watching a reality show, news channels left and right, propping up their guys, MSNBC punching on Romney, FOX, Rush and those guys don't get me started..... and the Ads simply dumbing things down, just craft up words, stage everything play the right music in the background .......... that's it?

on one hand you have a guy who can not connect with middle class america, the other guy seems to be trying but all scripted BS you honor freedom and giving everyone a fair share, end the war but since he took office 300 authorized drone attacks that are not productive at all, do these folks lack common sense? you do realize by killing innocent folks you cause deep hatred to america and for every terrorist you kill or an innocent bystander you create 10 more who want revenge...........................

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sadly, that's politics in our 24 hour news cycle world.

I wouldn't say much in this campaign has insulted me other than Romney making his 47% comment, vehemently defending it for 2 weeks and coming last night saying he was wrong. That's ****ing insulting to the American people.

3. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

I'm beyond being insulted...

So much beyond being insulted that I'm going to get up and go to the window, open it, stick my head out and yell..

4. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

I think Romney brought up PBS first by saying he'd get rid of it. The Obama camp just seized on that as emblematic of thier wanting to gut all social programs.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm not insulted.

That would imply some kind of personal affront.

I'm exasperated that some very important issues [Climate Change] are being are being ignored.

But not insulted.

6. elistan macrumors 6502a

Do you think they're talking about the actual puppet? The physical collection of yellow colored bits operated by a human actor? Or do you think that in a debate on domestic policy they were using government money going towards PBS as a talking point about the role government should play in our culture? I think the latter, and no, I'm not insulted by that discussion. (Although I am frustrated that somebody's appearance is what most folks seem to base their vote on.)

Regarding your drone attack comment - foreign policy was deliberately not a topic at the recent debate. I assume it will be mentioned in one of the two upcoming debates.

7. TPadden macrumors 6502a

Instead of focusing on issues that can be addressed locally, like education, employment, a budget; what we should really be worried about is the climate which by definition is changing weather .......:eek:.

Of course Big Bird is important because without the Corporation For Public Broadcasting (government funding) how would we ever keep informed about these very important issues.

Think I'll just go throw another log on the fire ...... or a couple ears of corn in my tank :D.

8. citizenzen, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012

citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm a bit confused by your answer.

Are you suggesting that Climate Change isn't an issue that should even be discussed?

9. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

So by extension, does it worry you that one of the presidential candidates wants to cut minuscule public funding to educational programs instead of combatting larger wasteful spending that would make a difference to the economy?

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I've been insulted every since some old **** slapped my wee bum.

11. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

I didn't think the PBS/Big Bird comment would be a huge hit, it was funny right there and then by dominating the news cycle? everywhere I turn I'm sickened by what I hear, Chris Matthew's , Martin Bashir coming to Obama's defense all these excuses, you also have Hannity and Rush just acting like little kids oh my god Romney beat's Obama a$$ seriously it's really childish

12. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Welcome to politics. Both candidates threw 'facts' at each other that were exaggerated at best. Then Obama supporters said Romney was telling lies and Romney supporters said Obama was telling lies. Technically, both are true.

As far as scale of importance, I would say preparing for the labor SHORTAGE is something that needs to be discussed, especially the shortage of skilled workers and how the median age of our most mission-critical professionals continues to climb.

13. TPadden macrumors 6502a

I think you are mistaken ...... NOTICE I didn't say I think you are telling lies. :D

Just like the overuse of: racist, Nazi, homophobe, etc. we now throw out the "lie" label at the drop of a hat completely watering down the true connotation of the term. :eek:

14. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

Yes. The American voter, in general, is that stupid.

Remember 4 years ago America elected a man who ran on two things: hope and change... That's all he really said...

Then you have Minnesota (my home state) we (*shivers*) elected a former wrestler for governor... (Jesse the body) and then Stuart Smalley (Al Franken) as senator... Yikes.

15. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

AND don't forget to mention Michele Bachmann as another of minnesota's bizarre politicians

16. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

The use of Nazi, racist, homophobe, bigot, etc. are often overused too easily. However, both sides said the other was telling lies. And this is true. Both threw around 'fact's that weren't 'facts' at all.

It started in Denver...some were stretches, some were outright fabrications.

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/dubious-denver-debate-declarations/

17. TPadden macrumors 6502a

My point is politicians, realtors, used car salesmen, and MacRumors posters all have their own reality which colors their "discussions". I might consider their reality a distortion; but I try to understand it.

I would not waste my time discussing even the weather with any of the above if I truly felt they were liars. :)

18. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

Bizarre??

That is being kind.

How about literally crazy?

She might not be around much longer. The state redrew the districts, so she isn't as insulated as she once was. (And truth be told, the dems they threw up against her were just as loopy.)

19. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

99.8% of the rest of the debate covered tax philosophies, the economy, and healthcare. So yes, the candidates did have better things to talk about than big bird.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Which actually seems like what it should be about in an ideal would.