Are you just completely fed up and just totally sick and tired of reading.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atomicbatteries, Jul 19, 2010.

?

Fed up with all the Redundant, Whiney, Negative, Unintelligent, Complaining Threads?

Poll closed Jul 26, 2010.
  1. I am just totally sick and tired of reading & seeing them, Please make them STOP!

69.8%
  2. I am getting pretty close to being sick and tired of them!

8.2%
  3. I'm totally neutral, I can take them or leave them, doesn't bother me at all!

12.6%
  4. I live them, keep them coming the more the better!

9.4%
  1. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

whiney, negative, redundant, unintelligent, complaint, and conspiracy laden threads?

Just a vote, comments not necessary.

We know already the ones who will respond anyway!
    They just can't resist this opportunity to turn anything into another issue!

2. samcraig macrumors P6

As people post "if you don't like the iPhone4 just return it" I can suggest the same to you.

If you don't like the threads - don't read them. Or take a break from MacRumors for a week or so.

How many threads now complain about the complaints about the complaints about the complaints?

3. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

"Just a vote, comments not necessary."

AS he SAID:

We know already the ones who will respond anyway!
    They just can't resist this opportunity to turn anything into another issue!

4. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Starting new threads to complain about other people complaining seems counterproductive at best, and asinine at the worst.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

Thanks for weighing in with your gestapo like post.

People can't dictate what goes on in their thread any more than they can dictate what subjects people decide to post about.

This thread and your post are perfect examples of how people need to take responsibility for their own misery.

6. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

its annoying but the stupidity of them entertain me so I vote neutral :D

7. atomicbatteries thread starter macrumors 6502

"gestapo? Really? Are you referring to the German secret police under Nazi rule, that ruthlessly suppressed opposition to the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe and sent Jews and others to concentration camps?

A twisted analogy if I ever saw one.

Again, comments were not necessary, just wanted to get a read on where people are at. I am fairly sure I know where your at.

8. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

If I'm reading this correctly he talking about negativity on both sides (both the complainers and the complainers of the complainers) and that I agree with. The name calling and rudeness on both sides is completely immature. There are great conversations to be had on both sides, good and bad about the iPhone, but the name calling and thread crapping is tiresome.

What's funny as that I'm sure depending on what "side" you're on, you'll view the op differently and think he's talking about the other side.

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

10. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I am Neutral they do not phase me at all, however I get beat up when I post something about being positive anyway, so what the heck is the difference anyway.

I can live with them and without them, doesn't matter to me :rolleyes:

11. samcraig macrumors P6

You are 100 percent right - and that is an inappropriate comparison and one that I shouldn't have made. No excuse other than to say I should have come up with a better comparison - as simple as "police".

But that being said - if your going to post in an open forum, you can't dictate the rules by which someone replies. If you don't want comments - don't post.

And while I do agree - it's tiring to read BOTH sides over and over - I would never suggest people stop posting. Instead I would take ownership of my feelings and choose either to not read or not visit the site until things calm down.

No one if forcing you to click on these threads. So sincerely - if it upsets you - are you deliberately engaging in behavior which annoys you?

12. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

One begets the other.

I'm sure those with critical agendas would like nothing more, if anything to prove to themselves that "100% more people hate the iPhone 4." :rolleyes:

13. BadMoon macrumors 6502

+ 1 :cool:

14. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Yeah I'm fed up as well, this forums has been filled with whiny and negative people since June 21, and it's not gonna stop till prolly around October or November, it's like every 100 threads I read 1 nice, positive, and useful thread, I really hope it slows down soon.

15. King Luis macrumors 6502

maybe the mods will come in and clean up the threads....well, maybe not.

they bitch and moan and tell their useless stories instead of providing solutions, ideas, positive information.

16. tomjdavies macrumors member

Getting repetitive now, miss how MacRumors was before all this. Hopefully, soon enough, it'll go back to normal.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

Ok

Again - devil's advocate here.

Who is stopping anyone from posting anything they want in regards to questions, comments, etc that would "normally" be on the message board?

It's not like people can't post other things to talk about.

So - if you want to talk about something other than issues - post away.

Seems very passive to sit in front of your computer complaining that people aren't posting threads of interest to you. If that's the case - don't read. Or start threads of your own that have nothing to do with the "hot" topic of the day.

18. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

+1

19. JajoPGH macrumors regular

To be honest, this forum is going to the toilet because of a lot of people's smart a$$ remarks. It's unbearable watching a bunch of computer geeks with no actual human contact berating other posters on these boards.

:eek:

20. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

This isn't a fan site. This launch was a complete disaster and the people who go with the "stop complaining, only post positive" arguments are far more annoying than the kids who can't figure out if the negatives they experience outweigh the positives enough to make them return the phone.

21. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I voted "getting close". The ability to come here and learn about the iPhone 4 has decreased steadily over the past few weeks. Though I think I've learned a lot here, any constructive information has just about disappeared on here.

I'd like to hear more about what people are doing with their new iPhones, what they like about it. Also helpful, are the old "how do I do this or that with my new iPhone?"

But alas, not much of that around. Just people bitching about returns and stuff.

The Antenna Song pretty much layed it all out. If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you bought it, and don't like it, bring the sucker back. Everyone wins.

22. sparkyms macrumors 65816

I was just thinking, at least when TheSpaz posted about iPhone stuff he found new things wrong with the iPhone, this is just becoming a bore.

It's pretty simple, we know you want your iPhone to work without a bumper or for you not to have to hold it a certain way, but this is the way it is now, you have the opportunity to get your money back, and find something new.. or even roll back to that 3GS which worked oh-so-perfectly less than a whole month ago!

Either put up with it, get a free bumper, or take it back. It's really not that difficult.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

Refer to my earlier post though. If you want other threads - create them. No one is stopping other discussions from happening. I'm not going to comment on your opinion of the song and its sentiment - responses appear in one of the other several threads and no need to turn this into another stop complaining or bring it back thread

24. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I'll create other threads AFTER I actually receive my iPhone 4. Thanks!

25. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Don't they ALL turn into that at some point anyway? That's how it seems lately. LOL.