Are you keeping your scuffed iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lawlbringer, Oct 5, 2012.

1. lawlbringer macrumors regular

I'm in my last day of return eligibility and am debating whether or not to keep the phone. I love it, and my unit works 100% fine. The only thing I can really complain about is that it gets super hot when using turn-by-turn navigation.

My problem is, I can't find one in stock. They are no where to be found in Northern VA, and resellers are marking up the retail prices by $200-400+ per unit. I'd also like a white one this time around, but those seem to be even harder to find.

So are you keeping your scuffed phone? In in my case, and yes I'm OCD, I don't want to use a case - so I'll probably return it today. :(

2. Halon X macrumors regular

Nope!

I expect a certain amount of wear, scuffs, scratches, etc on a portable device.

The first signs of wear are always the hardest but once the honeymoon period wears off (about a week for me), I could care less. Mine (white) has held up extremely well considering how I use it. When driving I toss it in one of my cup holders, at home or work it's either laying flat on my desk or coffee table and when out and about it's either in one of my pockets or tossed into my messenger bag with everything else. It's a phone!

3. bobright macrumors 601

I'm keeping mine it came nearly perfect, after putting on/off a couple hard plastic cases and a tumble down the side of my recliner it's got about 3-4 tiny dots, nothing noticeable unless viewed in certain lighting. I always in the past have kept my devices mint for better resale value. This time around though I'm not going to be bothered by it. I am just going to get a bumper put a body skin on it and call it a day.

The difference in value when reselling between a mint iPhone and one with normal wear and tear is only about 50 bucks. So this time around I can care less I'm going to enjoy my phone like a normal sane person and best of all I love it. :D

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I'm going to keep the black one I have. Only have had it for 2 days now had white originally. I was talking to my local att store and I said that I wanted to trade for another model but they haven't had any since launch. The manager told me that he would note my account and said the 30 day return policy wont apply since they haven't a phone to replace it with and can return when they have stock... I did buy applecare+ though:p