Are you more excited now that the iPhone is sold out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jp700p, Oct 8, 2011.

1. jp700p macrumors regular

Admittedly, I wasn't too excited for the phone 4S. Sure Siri and upgrade camera are awesome, but I was more interested in a thinner design and maybe a bigger screen. Now that its all sold out, I am feeling better about my purchase (4S 32GB model). And now i'm getting more excited about it.

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Yes, the surge of sales makes it exciting. But I was gonna buy it anyway!

The 4S seemed like a disappointment at the keynote, but that's only because MacRumors members were brainwashing me saying that "if it's not a redesigned i5, Apple sucks!"

3. 2010RS macrumors 6502

Heck yeah. I was about to cancel my pre-order until I heard other people couldn't get them anymore. The only reason I bought the 4S was because I was hoping it would sell out and I could be cooler than the other poor saps on the subway who didn't get one, if only for a week or two!

4. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

But how will the people on the subway know you are better than them if they can't visually tell the old phone from the new one?

5. steve dave macrumors 6502a

Why would anyone have a different opinion about the phone just because it is sold out?

6. iphone3DG3 macrumors member

IMHO, I think the iPhone 4S is a commemoration of Steve Jobs. I've heard many people to consider this the iPhone for Steve (iPhone 4S). It was interesting because the day Phil Schiller announced it, many seemed underwhelmed. People were waiting for an "iPhone 5" as iP4 was on the market for 15 months already. But as AT&T announced, they saw 200K orders in half a day. Amazing.

7. yAak macrumors newbie

yAak

More like "annoyed" because I didn't have time to mess with pre-order stuff until today and now I won't be getting my 4S until late Oct.

But, I've been waiting to jump ship from Android for months, so I didn't really care what was changed in the new iPhone, so long as it came out SOON, lol.

8. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I'm having the same problem. How are people going to know I have the 4s and that I'm better than them?!:D.

9. niteriderxp macrumors member

Just because something is hard to obtain, expensive, or only available for a limited time does not make it intrinsically superior.
    Psychologically its something the meeker of our kind fall prey too...

10. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Because demand and desire have a direct correlation.

11. niteriderxp macrumors member

They'll know, you will be screaming at the phone like someone with Tourette's syndrome. :D

No offense intended to people who have this affliction though.

12. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

When u talk to it, it talks back.

13. gillybean macrumors 6502a

Just say "SIRI open my email" with emphasis on the SIRI.

14. steve dave macrumors 6502a

For whom?

15. 2010RS macrumors 6502

I'll be talking to Siri as loud as possible, obviously. And I'm having a custom t-shirt made that says "4S" on it.

16. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Camera made me do it, otherwise I would have held onto my Black 32GB iPhone 4 as it serves my purpose.

I am interested in Assistant but more so the Camera, Speed and Speeds both on 3G and WiFi, ordered a White 32 GB 4S this time :rolleyes:

17. Duckit macrumors regular

Duckit

Yeah, i was going to buy it anyway, but now hearing that its selling out makes me even more excited!

18. gillybean macrumors 6502a

Nice idea!

I just made one for myself at one of those "design your own T-shirt" sites:

[​IMG]

19. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

Nice way to get robbed in these tough economic times.

20. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Doesn't matter to me but find it funny how everyone complains when they are sold out as they wait until the last minute to pre order, or the Nay Say'rs saying the 4S will be a Flop, well sold out in less than 24 hours so I am sure it is going to be a Huge Flop now.

21. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

When they have us all locked up, for talking to our phones like they're people, will they issue releases, when they learn of Siri?

22. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Ahh, iPhone release time...thus begins the endless stream of desperately convoluted posts and bizarre questions/polls. Oh, I'm guilty too BTW.