Are you offended by Zuckerberg's VR tour of Puerto Rico (to promote a new virtual reality tool)?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by shyam09, Oct 10, 2017.

?

So ... were you offended?

1. Very much so.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. go to hell midget

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

2. daflake macrumors 6502a

I'm tired of the word offended. Everyone is offend by something nowadays, it is like some weird popular thing that you have to have.

Was I offended? No, not in the least. I suggest that those who are find something better to do with their time.

3. vipergts2207 macrumors 68020

vipergts2207

Even worse is when people are “offended” on behalf of others. Are large numbers of Puerto Ricans offended by this? If not, then who gives a damn about it? My guess is that currently most Puerto Rican’s have bigger things to worry about than being offended by some made up controversy.

4. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I’m offended by your lack of respect to those offended on behalf of the unoffended.

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I'm not even offended by the first edited video.

IMO, when VR becomes mainstream. It would be great for people to see tragedies in such a realistic manner. Just maybe they would care more.

Your post matches your Avatar so well. LOL

6. jdillings macrumors 68000

7. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Didn't even know about it until you brought it up in here. Don't really care honestly.

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

go to hell midget.

Speaking of the Devil/midget, I see that he has been suspended again. What did he do this time?

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I only care enough to tell you that I really don’t care at all.

10. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

People getting offended and demanding apologies for any little thing these days. It's getting really annoying.

11. Mousse macrumors 68010

Mousse

[​IMG]
    Bring back the practice of pistol duels to thin out the herd.:p

I've lost count of the number of times some idiot cut me off, nearly sideswipe me in traffic and I sheepishly pretend nothing happened. I live in Texas where everyone owns a gun (except me), so I never demand satisfaction.:oops:

12. 0098386 Suspended

Nope. Maybe if I was from PR I would be offended. I agree with the message, it shows what’s going on to many people in a very upclose way. (VR is so cool)

How come you’re offended by those people?

REMEMBER. If you’re one of those people offended by offendable types - just look at how many (certain) people are offended by sports people kneeling, lol

13. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Are you offended by Zuckerberg's VR tour of Puerto Rico

I think this is the perfect question for a self centered society. A better question is, do you better understand what's happened to Puerto Rico? Ones offence at using such a tool like VR to bring as much context to those not living in a disaster zone is another speed bump to recovery.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

He probably tried to eat at the adult table again.

15. vipergts2207 macrumors 68020

vipergts2207

Not sure if you’re being serious or not, so just in case, being offended is not the same thing as being fed up with and annoyed by.

16. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I think it's in somewhat of poor taste... I wouldn't quite call it "tone deaf" though. Zuckerberg kind of came off as being like "with VR now you can experience of ythe destruction in Puerto Rico"... which really isn't the case. No one can truly Cunderstand until your life gets turned upside down and destroyed.

On one level, I think the CNET video is a bit over-reactive and completely ignores the philanthropic efforts of FaceBook. Overall I think this could have been presented in a more appropriate light.

17. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

18. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I'm not offended. I'm just struck at just how painfully lame the VR video looks. What's that line from T2 about interactions among people being reduced to data?

Meanwhile, back in PR, a relative of somebody I know committed suicide. We really need to focus on getting resources and hope there. Not sure how Houston and the Gulf Coast are doing.....

19. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

I voted go to hell midget.

And where is the midget?