Are you planning on getting the Iphone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nicknicknickh, Sep 13, 2012.

?

Are you getting the iPhone 5? Why or why not (explain below)

1. Yes, I am getting the iPhone 5.

89 vote(s)
    83.2%
  2. No, I am not getting the iPhone 5.

18 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. nicknicknickh macrumors regular

After one day to think about the iphone have you come to the conclusion as to why you are or arent getting the iphone?

2. MMOTotal macrumors regular

3. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

That is totally subjective! As far as "using" the phone goes, there are no differences that make it stand out from the 4S. Same old same old....so, no I won't buy one.

4. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

coming from an iPhone 4 can't wait to upgrade!

5. davefromca macrumors 6502

I will not buy another android product and im due for an upgrade....what am I gonna do go blackberry?

6. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

when I can buy a used one cheap off contract I probably will

7. snow blind macrumors regular

Nokia Lumia 820 or 920? Sammy ATIV S? HTC Accord?

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I plan to upgrade as soon as we are eligible next month.

9. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

getting 2 Blacks and 2 Whites......... <--- hope that didn't sound weird:p

10. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Yes.

1). I'm a geek and have a hard time passing up getting a subsidized phone everytime my contract is up (and after 10 years of being with Cingular/AT&T I've had no issues with them so don't cringe at being stuck with them for 2 years). I want a new toy!
    2). My 4 is getting kinda slow and laggy.
    3). I need more storage space. I can't even update large apps without using my computer cause my phone doesn't have enough storage space to temporarily store the update so it can install it.

11. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I have a 4S and always planned on upgrading to the 5.

12. bollweevil macrumors 6502

I am definitely getting an iPhone 5. I use my iPhone a lot - not quite as much as my computer, but it is a part of every day. I can't think of a better way to spend my money, I can't think of something else that will bring me more joy and utility per dollar.

13. leenak macrumors 68020

Yes, I've been a smart phone holdout for many years. Partly because my cellular service was being provided by my work. Now I figure, why not?

14. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I'll be getting the iPhone 5 but not right away. I'll continue using my 4S for another month or so. I'm going to let the hype die down first.

15. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

YES! Does a fish swim:)? Does a bear poo poo in the woods:D? I have an iPhone 4 and what I was mainly waiting for was the LTE. Everything else is way more than what I was expecting regardless of all of the rumors/leaks. It's the icing on the cake, the gravy on my mashed potatoes. I'm getting hungry:(. It will be a long night. I've already been up for 12 hours and I'm hanging in there for another 7 hours (3:00 am eastern time) when the ordering begins. Then for as long as it takes. I'm ready and pumped:apple::apple::apple: The biscuits are in the oven, for real.

16. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Someone should make a poll for this unanswered question.

17. Coffee87 macrumors regular

Coffee87

Been with Android for the last 3 years. Haven't been impressed at all. The iPhone 5 will be my first iPhone. Never too late.

18. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Been with the iPhone for the longest time and still use my iPhone 4 today.

My contract was up some time ago, and I have no plans on getting an iPhone 5 because I don't want another contract.

Honestly, I could probably live without a cell phone altogether and that thought is on my mind.

19. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I'm not saying the iPhone 5 isnt awesome, because it is. But I don't think it's a MASSIVE upgrade from the 4S. I think you mean it's a massive upgrade from the 4. The 4S is wayyy faster than the 4. It's definitely an upgrade obviously but not massive if you already own the 4S.

20. dokujaryu macrumors 6502

dokujaryu

Fixt for me.

21. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I definitely decided to upgrade, but wasn't sure whether to go Verizon or stay with AT&T because my area is not scheduled to get LTE until later this year. However what convinced me to stay with AT&T is that the throttling doesn't start until I would get over 5GB of data if I have an LTE enabled phone, even if I don't have LTE in my area. I don't know why that surprised me, but it did.

22. Frocktar macrumors member

My contract is up on my 4, and its hard to pass up a new phone, but im pretty 'meh' about it. I may feel different when i actually see it, but the longer screen just looks a bit silly to me, especially in landscape mode. I'd have preferred the same aspect ratio but bigger or even just keep it the same. But, like i said, i may feel totally different when i hold one.

At any rate im not overly excited.

23. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

iPhone 4s owner in Canada here, don't have the cash and from what I understand ios6 will work with all features on my iPhone. Only thing I'll miss out on is lte but my 3G works fine for me.

24. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Exactly my situation.

Not only that but getting a new phone every year seems so wasteful (please dont chew me up for this, I'm just saying) . My 4S isn't even a year old yet and it still seems so new to me. Why would I need to get the next one, already? Every 2 years is perfect. I feel like if you upgrade every year you aren't WOWed like you are if you upgrade 2 years.

25. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

We were planning on adding an additional line to our account for my son. I was first considering the free iPhone 4, but my wife suggested that I get the 5 and give my son my 4S. Therefore, I will be getting a black 16GB iPhone 5. :D