Are you planning to go to the o2 shop even if you have an 'in progress' online order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnwin, Jul 8, 2008.

1. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

Will this work?

Imagine this:

- o2 have said 1 per customer.
    - You go into the store, present all your details for id and credit check.
    - The database says 'this person has a phone on order'
    - The sales person say 'sorry, 1 per customer'
    - You could ring and cancel the online order I guess but would that work through the system in time for you to walk away with the phone on Friday am?

Also - say you had a few unsuccessful attempts to order online but the credit checks were run and you run another one in the store on Friday - Equifax may decline because multiple checks in a short space of time adversely effect your credit score.

Just wondering aloud as I have seen *many* posts here from people who have ordered on line saying they will still queue on Friday morning and get one that way.

2. ascender macrumors 68000

I wouldn't have thought their system would be that clever to stop people buying one even though they have one on order. I can see it happening quit a bit tbh.

3. glanv macrumors regular

All the time I have invested building up to this launch has made me think two things:

1) I ought to go and queue if web order doesn't deliver so as not to have 'wasted' all the invested time
    2) Have I been caught up in the hype too much and should just wait for the web order to be fulfilled, even if it's a few weeks?

I am not so sure on this, I think their order system would probably pick up on duplicate entries - maybe I'm wrong though.

4. johnwin thread starter macrumors 6502

johnwin

I don't know for sure - retail and direct do seem a bit disjointed but it does make me wonder.

The multiple credit checks might be more important?