are you ready for a mini civil war?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Oct 4, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

let's say Clinton gets the electoral
    Trump gets the popular .

the trumpetes wage riots/possible bundy style take overs from the perceived theft.

are you ready to bunker down in your home until things settle down?

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Trump getting the popular vote? LOL. Is that even possible??

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

this is Murika, EVERYTHING is possible.
    [​IMG]

4. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Al Bundy is shocked by this, I tells ya, shocked!

upload_2016-10-4_14-3-33.jpeg

But seriously, with the inner city warfare that keeps going on, anyone can argue "mini civil war" over all sorts of things. :(
    --- Post Merged, Oct 4, 2016 ---
    Possible, yes.

The law of probability might bet 50 Quatloos or 5000 bars of gold pressed Latinum on the "no" choice.

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

there wasn't one when it happened to al gore

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

cause Liberals are bunch of............................... undedicated supporters unilke the trumpetes :D
    did you really expect pajama wearing clowns to revolt over gore? I think not :D

7. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

no because bush wasn't like trump. also the vote was super close

8. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

[​IMG]
    I can't say I will shed a tear when Fatty McFatterton and his sidekick "GUMP" are inevitably shot down in the street by federal agents - or better yet, convicted as felons and forced to live a life that doesn't include guns.The latter would be far more delicious.​

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Is that a book that you have on your shelf?

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Then, say hello to President Clinton. Even with how polarized we are as a country, I don't see riots.

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Though I don't think Trump would lose the electorate vote, since the government is currently a majority Republican. If the popular vote, and by extension the electorate, ties, then it goes to the House. If it ties in the House, then Ryan gets to act as play president, while they all fight tooth and nail over whether it goes to Trump or Hillary.

Though if Trump loses, and he stands up on the podium screaming about how the election was rigged against him, I could see some riots happening.

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

There isn't going to be a "civil war" in the United States, under any electoral circumstances.

Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to organize a bunch of civilians - even ex-military people who already own and know how to use guns - into a combat force that would have any chance of engaging even the smallest unit of the US Army? Do you think that the Governor or West Virginia or Texas is going to call up the Nation Guard units in those states to do battle with Federal forces?

So what would be left for dissatisfied and angry armed Trumpistas? Taking random potshots at suspected Mexicans and hippies? Which would make them at best terrorists.

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

When was the last time a group of Republicans rioted? The Bundy's are straight Sovereign citizen whackjobs, not Republicans. If there are going to be riots look to the usual suspects that have been rioting lately.

14. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

[​IMG]

If you haven't seen this, you should. Dated but excellent fiction from the Cold War.

In any case, all the loose talk and sloppy thought on every side throughout this election does not bode well IMO. I can't imagine civil war, but I can imagine crackpot extremists getting a burr in their saddle.

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

good point, if trump takes it then the "peaceful" HIllary/Bernie bots would burn the streets while looting the stores in the name of "justice" :rolleyes:

at ANY rate, sucks for those unarmed :D

16. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

I doubt there will be any type of uprising, mini or otherwise. A plethora of I-TOLD-YOU-SO'S on Macrumors and the lobbying of proverbial grenades amongst posters and internet memes of doom and gloom. But any actual uprising...I don't think so.

17. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Not all weapons involve gunpowder. ;)

[​IMG]

18. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I am ready there too :D

19. nfl46 macrumors 603

:) Thank you!

20. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you spelled "felon" wrong :D

21. nfl46 macrumors 603

It's about time, you guys realize that Hillary is going to win. Jeez! I always said she would win by 5%...but we shall see. Obama won by 7% in 2008 and 3% in 2012.

22. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

When Trump looses he will be surprisingly quiet and fade away back to not paying taxes. Only problem he will have is that all of his Hotels and Golf courses are based on a certain type of client who can afford it and wants what it offers. He may well lose his clientele big time and the 40 Percent that you see at his rallies are not the ones who can afford to stay in his hotels or play Golf on his courses. He is doing a great job of keeping the election base he has cornered but not so good at developing his brand.

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we are talking about TRUMP, him losing will just mean he will NEVER we quiet.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

There is no profit in that for Trump.

There simply isn't a plausible post-election-loss strategy that is going to keep Donald Trump in the headlines for the two-and-a-half years before the start of the next election cycle.

He would be prevented, by law, from raising money to pay for his airplane flights and renting rally spaces. The Secret Service would no longer be providing security for him. Interest in polls is going to fade back towards zero.

The Republican establishment doesn't want to spend the next four years constantly disavowing his frequent racist, ignorant, and misogynistic claptrap. Even Fox News (with the notable exception of Hannity) doesn't want Trump as their go-to conservative mouthpiece.

Despite all the foregoing, I do for some strange reason feel compelled to quote Dylan Thomas' immortal words:

I'm not sure how much Dylan Thomas actually understood about old age. (He drank himself to death at age 39) But it's still a fabulous poem, and perhaps presciently descriptive of Trump's Twitter tantrums towards those that done him wrong.

25. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I call first dibs on you being my hired gun(s).