Are you required to be on post-paid plan to get ONE FREE month of iPad 3G service?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Goldfrapp, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

I'm on the phone with AT&T right now and am told that you are required to be on the post-paid plan, not pre-paid, in order to take advantage of the ONE FREE MONTH promo.

At first, the rep had no idea what I was talking about. I had to refer her to several links on various tech websites. So I'm not sure who's right, who's wrong. Anyone with a better idea? Ta.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

That is in line with what I've read.

"***Plan is for 30 days. Service free for new postpaid activations for first 30 days or the first 2 GB of usage, whichever comes first. Credit could span two billing cycles. Offer available for DataConnect Personal for Tablets or iPad 2 GB Plan only. Subsequent 30-day periods to be billed by AT&T Mobility at $25 for 2 GB usage. To avoid subsequent charges, service must be cancelled prior to 30 days after activation of the plan, or prior to usage in excess of 2 GB within the first 30 days after activation of the Plan. Usage in excess of 2 GB during the first 30 days and in each subsequent 30-day period to be billed at $10 per each additional GB. Unused data does not roll over to the next 30-day period. Offer not available for on-tablet activation. Plans not suitable for corporate email or intranet systems. Credit check required. No term commitment or termination fees apply. Plan automatically renews every 30 days, unless you cancel service prior to the start of the 30-day renewal. Service may be cancelled at any time by visiting a retail store or calling 1-800-331-0500. Limited-time offer."

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/ipad.jsp?rel=nofollow&wtSlotClick=1-0054QS!CIHPM01V1-1-1

3. cujimmyusa macrumors newbie

I called AT&T today about getting the postpaid for ipad and getting the first month free and she had NO clue either!! I had to give her the addy for the page from att.com it's on and she was reading that and then proceeded to tell me I could do it from my Ipad?!! yeh the prepaid but I see no option to do postpaid on th pad...AND the website says you have to call or go to an AT&T store SO obviously it can not be done on the ipad.....arghhh!

The way I read it is a free month when you start a new 2GB pro data plan and then having att bill you on your regular phone/wireless monthly billing statement.