Are you rooted? This app is amazing. Puts all others to shame. I'm blown away.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Mac.World, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I just heard of this app via one of the Android podcasts I listen to and had to try out the free lite version. After using it once, I paid the $3.99 for it. I always buy the pro or paid version of every app I think is good (whether I keep it or not) to support the developers. If people need to pirate 69p / 99¢ apps, they shouldn't be buying a tablet or smartphone. Anyway, I digress.

If you use ROM manager, goomanager, titanium Backup, terminal emulator, Ad blocker, flash a a lot, like to customize the look of your status bar icons, change kernels, speed up or slow down your cpu, etc... There is one app that does everything, and very easy to use. It does everything for you. No coding needed. You just have to root your device.

Get it. "ROM TOOLBOX" / "ROM TOOLBOX PRO" by jrummy

As usual make a Nandroid copy of your phone/tablet, if you used titanium Backup, take that backup and file it on your pc, then dump rom manager, goomanager and titanium Backup. Seriously, this app does all of those functions and does them better.

2. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Interesting never heard of it. I've only ever used Titanium. Saw way to many complaints about Rom Manager, heck think even most of the Rom devs don't even recommend it.

3. Mac.World, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012

Mac.World thread starter macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Yeah, I had never heard of it either, but it really amazed me. Shocked actually. This just made flashing, changing kernels, over clocking and underclocking a piece of cake.

Changing the boot animation, boot logo and status bar icons was a bonus too.

Snapshots of the app.

Attached Files:

4. blackhand1001, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012

blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Get paranoid android on your nexus 7 lol. Its the sickest rom for it.

[​IMG]

Lets you pick which UI for individual apps. I have it set to use the phablet ui for apps and the launcher but use the tablet status bar which saves room especially in landscape.

5. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I really like the look of that weather app. That is a custom ROM isn't it? Know if I can get that weather app without it?

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Ironic I just came across this app last night. Seems to have almost everything.

7. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Been using ROM toolbox for quite a while. it's one of the most complete root tools available.

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

10. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I guess I could check it.

I just loaded paranoid 2.0 onto my S3 and it's awesome. Jelly bean is just terrific.

11. Vegastouch, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012

Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Fancy Widgets does a lot of things. There is a free version and a paid but the paid has alot more stuff. Many options to use and many themes.

12. Mac.World thread starter macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Well, even with this app, you still have to do some manual configurations to change the boot animation. In System/Media folder are two .qmg files that Samsung is using for boot animations. These are what need to be altered.

Also found how and where to change system sounds like the keyboard tap sound, at&t boot sound, etc. System/Media/UI

13. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Fancy Widgets. Its free on the play store. Use the 4x4 widget and in the option find hide elements and hide the widget background.

14. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Love the app. But it only works half the time. Oh well!

15. SurferMan macrumors 65816

I kept searching on XDA and other places and seems many still prefer Titanium, but then there were others that said they stuck to Rom Toolbox. I'm so used to Titanium' slick setup and use, not sure how I feel switching to something else lol.

16. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Thanks I will have to check that out! I have really been playing around with Widget locker and beautiful widgets (on sale this labour day weekend fyi).

Here is what I have coughed up!

Sorry for the temp hijack!

Attached Files: