Are you selling your iPhone to buy a 3G iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by St. Germain, Dec 13, 2007.

?

Are you selling your iPhone to buy a 3G iPhone?

1. Yes

28.6%
  2. No

71.4%
  1. sananda macrumors 68020

i don't know if i'll get a 3g phone. it depends if the EDGE coverage improves in london so that the iphone i bought a week ago works properly. and on the capacities available when the 3g phone is introduced (it would be nice to get all my music on). if i do get one, it won't sell my present iphone though, i'll pass it on to someone in my family.

2. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

i cannot wait for that day. the marketplace is gonna be similar to the intel switch. instead of cheapy powerbooks and ibooks, we'll have iphone version 1! woo hoo

3. walnuts macrumors 6502

No- not just for 3g. From what I understand, edge is more prevalent than 3g here on long island, and "slow" service beats no service anyday. Besides, when I am actually getting good edge service, web pages load plenty quickly.

Now here comes the but: I'm sure that the next gen iphone will have much more than just 3g. I hope that apple will do the right thing and not differentiate iphones with software, and instead with hardware. I do plan to buy another iphone when it actually has enough space to comforatably fit all of the music I have/will ever have and a few videos (maybe 30gig, though hopefully more).

4. alFR macrumors 68020

Nope - I'll just replace it when I have a functional need for the new model. By that time they'll probably be 4G (or whatever they decide to call the successor to 3G).

5. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

No, because a 3G iphone is a year off :p.

When it arrives and it's compelling enough I might sell up yes.

We'll be on firmware 2.x by then and the iphone 1 will be much more fully featured.

6. iscripter macrumors member

iscripter

Yes, I will. But I will wait a couple of months after it comes out to see if Apple drops the price again like they did with the first iPhone. I definately don't want to get burnt by being the early adopter again.

Also with the coming iPhone SDK Apple will have to make hardware upgrades to the new 3G iPhone in order to differentiate it from the previous generation iPhone. I just hope I will be able to sell my first generation 4GB iPhone next year when the new ones come out.

7. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

What you meant to vote was "Yes" lol

8. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

I was at first.

Now I will keep my current iPhone as a backup in case I lose or have to send my 3g iphone into apple.