Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Nov 29, 2014.
i don't trust taig and won't ever use their programs. pangu is suspicious enough to me.
I was just going to but chickened out... I have had the stuck keyboard here replying on macrumors 4 or 5 times in the last couple weeks but I'll wait until next weekend and see if Springtomize is updated. If not no biggie on my iP6.
I took the plunge since I just got my new 6 last week and just jail broke 8.1 the other day. I hadn't finished setting up my phone so it was not a big issue for me to restore to 8.1.1.
The jailbreak itself was very fast. So far, it's as good as one can expect. I've installed all my Cydia packages except for iCleaner and iFile. Haven't gotten around to installing those but everything else is working perfectly. I tend to like to be on the latest firmware for all my electronics.
If you are satisfied on 8.1 and your phone is all set up, then there's no big reason to restore. But if you're like me and you have a new device not fully set up or if you're having stability issues, then I recommend going to 8.1.1.
i had to ... OCD level overload
I am fighting the urge. Only device currently on 8.1 though is my iPad Air2. All other iDevices are either running 7.1.2 or some type of incarnation from previous iOS's.
Already have. All of my tweaks work except Springtomize and Flipswitch. Working with no issues here.
I'm planning on it, but I'm still on 8.1 now
Not a fan of how it seems the 8.1.1 untether can't be updated through cydia, at least at this point, because it doesn't show up as an installed package.
Control yourselves guys.
Its still very early and the update is so minimal to go through all the trouble IMO.
Not worth it to me at the moment.
Maybe if there's actual added features and improvements with 8.2 I'd consider.
iPhone 6 is on 8.1 and running fine. The only thing wrong with it right now is almost certainly related to the SanDisk TLC NAND it has, and that's not going to be solved by 8.1.1 according to anything I've read or info others have posted on that problem. If there's a software fix for it, it's not out yet, so why bother updating?
rMini is on 8.1.1 stock...which mitigated most of the WiFi issue, but no, it doesn't solve the occasional stuck keyboard or a host of other bugs. There's really only two or three tweaks I miss on that device, and I've lived without them for 2 months already. I'd be more tempted if there was an adequate biteSMS replacement, but since there isn't, I'd rather be able to quickly update the firmware the second we find out Apple's finally gotten around to fixing this buggy piece of crap they call firmware.
Even if I were to want an 8.1.1 JB, I've yet to see anything from anyone stating that yes, they've examined the code and are confident there's nothing malicious in there to be concerned about. I don't use jailbreaks until that happens from a reputable source. While I tend to doubt there'd be anything in the JB itself, this is a "rather be safe than sorry" issue for me.
Probably waiting until 8.2 or higher to update and re-jailbreak, at the rate Apple is going as far as implementing bug fixes...
I have. I updated as I've had the keyboard issues when in Safari and messages, so updated hoping it may cure that problem. I wouldn't have though if it couldn't have been jailbroken. I only use 4 tweaks from cydia and they work fine so happy days so far!
I appreciate there isn't much of a reason to but I like to be on the most up to date firmware as possible ( jailbreakable of course)
What kind of kb issues and let us know if 8.1.1 addresses it for you
What device ?
Keyboard lagging behind typing and freezing at times. I've been updated for about 12 hours up to now and not had it happen yet but I'll be monitoring it over the next few days
..We have arrived at iOS 8 jailbreak FRAGMENTATION in the prelinary polls.
I assume that even if something is wrong with the Taig jailbreak that someone will fix it. I will probably update to 8.1.1 before apple stops signing it even if I have to wait a few days to re-jailbreak. Probably update my devices tomorrow while watching football and wait for the ok to jailbreak.
I just updated and JB. Everything is fine.
Staying on 8.1 and hopefully 8.2 JB happens
I'll wait for 8.2 on both my iPhone and iPad.
Pangu JB is very stable and haven't experienced any crashes yet. Gonna wait until 8.2. More importantly, don't feel like JBing again and installing all those apps again.
me wait till 8.2.
How do you figure? Until Pangu, it's never shown up as an installed cydia package has it?
I believe the norm is that it has, at least as far back as I can remember, evasion was updatable through cydia for sure. Trying to figure out if you can update the untether with a deb file through ifile or whatever instead restoring and rejailbreaking for every taig update.
Interesting. I hadn't noticed. That alone could be a big deal, if every update required a complete re-jailbreak and re-setup of the settings.
That's what was happening to me on 8.1, but it was up to six times a day on another forum. I updated to 8.1.1 and the problem was fixed, but I miss my Pangu jailbreak. I'll use TaiG as soon as the Mac version is available and separate tweaks in place of Springtomize.
Edit: Looks like Springtomize just got updated with 8.1.1 compatability today.
yeah if they make a mac version