Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

senseless

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
I'm wondering if reports of modest initial iPad air sales might be affected by the upcoming Black Friday discounts. Are you waiting for that?

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
It's already priced aggressively thru TMobile ( $0 down with 0% int for 24 months ) ..with 200 MB free data at no charge...

This is for the 16 GB Wifi + Cellular version

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
No it was the previous model year that was discounted last year

It was not Black Friday, but Best Buy had the iPad 4 for $60 off (not sure if it was $60 for every model). I bought 2 iPad 32gb wifi last year at $539/ea.

FAsnakes

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2007
I bought one from the apple store yesterday.. Since they're not announcing an extended warranty policy for the holiday period - I'll be taking it back and purchasing one from Target.. Who has a 90 day return policy. That should cover me if they decide to lower the price for Black Friday.

I've been an early adopter before and have been screwed by apple in the past.. Granted, it's their right to change pricing - but IMO that's a lousy practice.

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2012
UK
Is BF just an apple store thing?

Do we have it in the UK?

Do you think the iPad mini will be reduced, i have been waiting for the mini retina but if the original mini was at a bargain price i might go for that.

OCJeff

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2010
It's already priced aggressively thru TMobile ( $0 down with 0% int for 24 months ) ..with 200 MB free data at no charge...

This is for the 16 GB Wifi + Cellular version

I don't think that deal exists. Verified you need to pay $10/mo for service if you get the 0% finance deal for 24 months. That is unless you are an existing mobile customer.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009

Do we have it in the UK?

Do you think the iPad mini will be reduced, i have been waiting for the mini retina but if the original mini was at a bargain price i might go for that.

In the US, Black Friday is the Friday immediately after our Thanksgiving holiday (4th Thursday in Nov, 28th this year). It's the 'unofficial' first day of the Christmas shopping seasons, absolutely crazy shopping madness. Most retailer try to lure buyers into their store with very steep discounts on certain items. I personally despise it, stay away from the shops at all costs.

Apple, IIRC, doesn't offer very deep discounts but will offer slight price reductions on certain items.

Biolizard

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2008
London, United Kingdom

Do we have it in the UK?

Yes, Apple does Black Friday in the UK. A couple of American companies have brought it over; Apple and Amazon are the two that immediately come to mind.

Last year the mini wasn't reduced, but the iPad was (and both had been recently updated). Whether the introduction of the retina mini means that the original mini will enter the set of discounted products is hard to say. Just wait and see what happens in a few weeks time, really.

If they do you're only looking at around 5% or so discount though, not January sales (probably our nearest equiv of BF) proportions.

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2012
UK
Thanks for the info.

If the discounts are only 5% it wouldn't be worth waiting for anyway as tesco currently have a £20 off voucher code and also 3.5% through quidco, which works out to about an 11% discount.

Phony-ID

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2013
Apple products are never heavelly discounted unless they are a few years old and/or refurbished. In other words, I wouldn't bet on any big BF deals.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I'm not sure that BB will match Black Friday deals on an Air bought on release day (conflicting info from employees about this). I may have no choice but to return it and wait for sales to appear most everywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.