Area 51 Raid!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JagdTiger, Jul 26, 2019.

1. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

2. JagdTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

3. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

[sarcasm]Ah, yes, completely different.
    Your other post was about a mostly-funny article about a raid on Area 51, and this post is about a group that would like to try a raid on Area 51 - so, yes, quite different. The second one is also funny, maybe even humorous to some, and --- um. (Doh!). I almost forgot which one I was reading, but, yeah, they are different, with different words and everything...
    [/sarcasm]

4. retta283 macrumors 6502a

retta283

Different? It's the same story... They both have to do with the September 20th raid...

5. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

i hope they will broadcast live on social media. best wishes.

6. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

A potential new round of Darwin awards incoming.

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I thought they moved the aliens and other interesting stuff to that NORAD command center in Colorado, so these fools are working from outdated CTs. Must be the aluminium foil hats. I keep telling them to use tin foil, but that stuff is so hard to find, and the damn reynolds wrap is doped with trace mischmetal that only ends up amplifying the dangerous signals.

8. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 65816

TheSkywalker77

9. raqball macrumors 68000

A live feed would be awesome!

I am guessing after the storming fails we'll have a bunch of mace drenched degenerates sulking in mom and dads basement trying to lick and heal their wounds....

10. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

At my job, we had a newsletter, which always included a Darwin Award, I loved reading them. :)

11. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

You can use aluminum foil in a pinch but remember it always needs to be at least two layers thick with one piece with the shiny side inside and one piece was shiny side outside.

12. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Everybody be raid'in 51 dey just move all dem spaceships over to 52.

13. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

It’s actually called S4 if you believe the UFO crazies nuts!

14. jerwin macrumors 68020

Area 51 Signs used to warn that deadly force was authorized.

I'm not sure that they still do.

[​IMG]

You can't discount the idea that the organizers are trying to get people killed.

15. Crowbot macrumors 6502

Crowbot

I don't know but I'm sure it's clear that they're serious. And there are physical perimeters around the sensitive areas.

I don't think the organizers care one way or the other if people get killed. They probably didn't think it trough that far.

16. Strider64, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019

Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

The so-called Area 51 raiders aren't the brightest bulbs as it was nice giving the military a heads up on the raid. If they can hide top secret information for the last 60-70 years then I'm pretty sure they can move the top secret stuff before September 20. That is if they really had to, but I don't think they even have to do that.

I'm pretty sure no one is going to get killed as I think most of the people are saying they are going are just doing it in name only and just saying they are going for fun. I'm also sure the ones that actually go through with it are going to be greeted with a big lineup of buses with the GPS destination set to the nearest jail or make-shift jail where they will spend a day or two to reflect in what they just did, plus a nice hefty fine and criminal record of trespassing. Of course they can kiss their cameras, smartphones and any other electronic devices GOODBYE! ;):D

17. vertical smile, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019

vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

A sign like this one?
    Use_of_Deadly_Force_Authorized_(5730792058).jpg

I had two jobs while I was in the military.

One of those jobs was a highly technical, mentally and physically exhausting job that happen to work in a restricted area that utilized the "use of deadly force authorized" signs.

I needed a break from my first job, so I decided to do something a lot more relaxing, which was similar to military police. I often patrolled restricted areas where deadly force was authorized to be used. In reality, the use of deadly force was authorized all over the place, not just in those restricted areas.

Deadly force wouldn't be use unless it was needed to protect an asset, like personnel, expensive equipment, buildings.

But, just having an unauthorized person in a restricted area wouldn't be reason to use deadly force.