Area 51 Warning.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JagdTiger, Jul 20, 2019.

1. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

2. Crowbot macrumors 6502

Crowbot

Mildly. He did something stupid (accidentally) and paid for it. It's fair that the passengers weren't fined. This isn't a joke for the Air Force. They will shoot to kill.

3. Herdfan macrumors 6502

I think they need to find the Car Warranty Call Center and storm that MF'er.

4. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

What gets me in that video is the remark by an employee of the tour guide company that some of their clients actually believe they are aliens and want to visit Area 51 hoping they can"get back home".

Wow. I always figured it was enough of a stretch that some of us like to joke about certain celebrities or pols as possibly being visitors from some other planet. But I've never met anyone who actually thought he or she had personally arrived on planet Earth from "somewhere else".

Is it that we simply have too much time on our hands, are underemployed, or just nuts? Why would an extraterrestrial being look and walk and talk like denizens of this planet?

If we had already proven ourselves capable of hopping out farther into the galaxy and visiting planets of other solar systems --as if taking a day trip to a theme park-- then maybe it could be sane to think that "space aliens" could (even choose to?!) function more or less like us, and so maybe infiltrate the human population of this planet, maybe kidnap us, maybe install Martian hearts in Philadelphian bodies...

But last time I checked it's still a really really big deal that we continue to advance in the golden era of unmanned space travel. There are still lots of successful missions and many are ongoing, with the "farthest out there" of them necessarily having been launched decades ago.

Look at the work done by Voyager 1 and Voyager 2. Those little critters in flight for over 40 years now have finally completed flybys of our distant planets and gone on to explore the outer reaches of our solar system and interstellar space.

I won't lie, those and other unmanned scientific space explorations seem to me like such amazing and even improbable accomplishments. We are after all folks from a planet where computers crash every day and the wrong move with a smartphone can brick it,,,, but the gear controlling even 40-year-old missions keep sending home data.

Hats off to NASA and maybe they should expand their coding services to those of us out here in the private sector with fatter thumbs on our own expensive mobile gear.​

Still, the data and photos received so far from any unmanned mission don't suggest it's sensible "yet" to think that creatures from other solar systems might already have been able (or perhaps more important, willing) to show up here, understand and then emulate our behavior and so covertly integrate into human society.

But hey, bring on the tabloid tales, they're great for killing boredom in the supermarket lines.

Sent to Earth on Critical Mission, Homesick Alien Escapes, Caught With Fake Exit Visa on Mars.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Well cross the border and watch how fast they will catch you!

6. Crowbot macrumors 6502

Crowbot

As Carl Sagan said: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". All we have so far are anecdotes. Like Betty and Barney Hill. That kind of psychosis isn't anything new.

Humankind has only been transmitting radio for about 90 years so unless the LGM are closer they would have had no particular reason to come here.

7. JagdTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

The satellite images of Saturn (if true and not false) show uniqueness with hexagon North Pole and eye for the South Pole.

8. raqball macrumors 68000

I am just waiting on a signal from the mothership so I know they are coming to pick me up...... Liberal eatrhonians are getting to crazy for me so time to head back.....

9. tranceking26 macrumors 6502

tranceking26

10. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Sounds like a reasonable outcome. Driver/guide gets charged with trespassing and the passengers charges are dropped. Ultimately the driver is responsible for appropriately operating his vehicle which includes paying attention to where he is driving and ensuring the safety of his passengers.

Yeah ugh. Such things occasionally pop up at my work in a psych hospital. If someone believes they’re an alien, but are productive members of society, don’t experience distress that they can’t go “home”, don’t risk life or limb trying to get back into space, etc... then are they mentally ill or just weird.

11. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Heh, or just... actual extraterrestrials? ;)

Kidding aside, I'm a live and let live kinda person in general, but I do think I'd be pretty alarmed to have to spend much time around someone like that just out in society, particularly if they seemed wrapped a little too tightly despite having apparent functionality, job etc.

12. Mousse macrumors 68020

Mousse

The guards at Area 51 recognize me for some reason. I went the just last week and they asked me if I ever got tired of never getting in. I said it was my first time here. They shook their heads and...
    [​IMG]

13. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Yeah, if it’s not actually affecting the person and they are aware how it makes them appear, whatever. They can believe what they want if it’s not actually detrimental other than a ridiculous notion.

The people who think they are “targeted” by the government- stalked and/or have microchips implanted inside of them without consent. I generally I feel otherwise about due to the paranoia and stress they must endure. But not everyone in psychiatry agrees.

14. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

So there is no fencing or road gate that prevents a car from just speeding into the Area 51 property?

Talk about weak borders. Trump needs to get on this right away. :p

15. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Well, the Nevada military site that includes Area 51 is said to be about the size of Connecticut- around 4,500 square miles. I’d imagine the parts of it that need to be secured any given time are.