ARGH!!!! Thanks to someone's spoiled kid wanting it. I WON'T be getting my Mac Mini!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by barkmonster, Mar 31, 2009.

1. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

I hate kids at the best of times but this is annoying as hell seeing as the guy's not responded for a week after I got the money together then he pulls this!

He was selling it so cheap, I think my only option now is to get the fastest used dual G4 I can find, after getting another £100 together to make sure I can afford it, just so I can use the drives and airport card out of my current mac.

I need more CPU power and seeing as a CPU upgrades that actually makes a difference cost as much as a used G5, it was a good buy, not to mention a decent enough "first" intel mac that could be re-purposed into a media centre at a later date.

I'm so disappointed.

I've sold everything I can to get the money together because it was literally the only positive thing I've actually had to look forward to since I stopped working in late November last year.

I'm getting nowhere with anything I've applied for since, the company I used to work for prior to temping is being a pain with references to the point where I'm thinking of writing to ACAS about not just that, but the numerous unreasonable changes in working practices that lead to my dismissal from the company to start with after I complained to the egotistical fatty of a payroll clerk who'd being with the company a fraction of the time I had about all the bank charges they've cost me by suddenly paying me by cheque.

I swear you should be allowed 1 mercy killing in your life if you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that revenge is the only way you're ever going to feel better again but I'm not sure who'd I'd recommend for the firing squad. The fatty, the mini-hitler of a manager who made things so difficult for everyone or the head of HR for lying through her back teeth about what the company were going to do about the financial situation they caused me.

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Looks like you just got scammed. Phone number?

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

It's not really just about the Mac Mini… is it?

;)

Not to make light of your situation, though. Good luck.

4. barkmonster thread starter macrumors 68020

barkmonster

It's only the unavailability of the Mac Mini that's the problem, it's a private sale so no money has exchanged hands. It's just the fact I'd had to wait 2 weeks to get funds for it after selling something on eBay, I was given no indication it wouldn't be available, then the guy was on night shift where my friend works so I had to wait another week. When the guy was finally is in work, 2 days later, it's not for sale any more!

The guy that was selling it is one of those impulsive gadget buyer types who gets bored of stuff very quickly then sells it on for a fraction of what it cost.

My friend got a surround sound set up off him for £35 for instance.

Thanks and you're right there!

I swear for everything I've had to put up with over the past few months, it's just one of many problems or disappointments to add to the list and I need a Mila Kunis look-a-like nymphomaniac with low standards and a nice fat win on the lottery to make things better!

£500,000 would be enough I think. I don't want to get greedy.

;)

5. MegaMillions macrumors regular

I'm missing something here. You never actually say in your original post what happened. What happened? Tell us the story.

You said "he pulls this!" Pulls what?

6. barkmonster thread starter macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Basically, it went like this...

• The guy agreed to sell it over a month ago after my friend mentioned I was after one and the guy even agreed to keep hold of it till I got the money together.
    • I sold some stuff on eBay to get the money, waiting for the funds to be available for over a fortnight.
    • I gave the money to my friend who works with the guy to pass it on.
    • The guy was on a different shift for a week so my friend had to wait for him to be on day shifts to give him the money.
    • All the time, there's no mention to my friend that he'd decided not to sell the Mac Mini after all.
    • The guy is finally on the same shift as my friend so my friend gives him the money for the mac mini so he bring it into work.
    • The guy then gives him the money back the next day saying he's decided to keep it because his daughter wants it.
    • I then met my friend last night to get the money back and have a few beers to chill out about the whole disappointment over the situation!

It's not so much a LOSS of anything, it's more the disappointment of all the waiting around amounting to nothing.

The guy is also clueless about computers, for all I know, it could have being one of the first Intel Mac Mini's and once I've added the cost of an external firewire drive to what the mac mini would have cost me, I'm pretty close to the cost of a used Dual G5 so I'm just going to hold fire for a bit now and see what comes up.

At least if I look at a used tower system that's a good 2 or 3 x faster than my 800Mhz G4, I'll get more power, be able to take any SATA drives I buy for it with me if and when I'm in a position to buy a mac pro and it will only cost me about £30 for a bare 7200rpm sata drive, compared with £30 + £60 for the same drive in a firewire case if I had got the mac mini.

It was the fact I'm keen to get more power for running audio apps that are keeping me in a constant cycle of endless mix downs and sub mixes just to finish a track, I'm getting so bogged down with the details, everything is a work in progress.

www.myspace.com/pitchblendjsh