Arghh, whyy... how to restart everything on new macbook (or should I?)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by manimalfully, Dec 13, 2009.

1. manimalfully macrumors newbie

Okay, so I got a macbook a week ago, it had 3 dead pixels... I gave it my uncle to exchange it for a new one. So he got the exchange after a light hassle.

He gave it to me today, and he told me had opened it up and booted it and all to check if there were any problems before giving it to me.

So when I got it today, it's apparently charged 60% and he did the first boot and all.. and god knows what else..

But I wanna do the first boot, so is there a possible way to just restart absolutely everything? I wanna go through the whole settings part of it and whatever.

Also, he obviously did not follow battery calibration rules, it's charged at 60% when he gave it to me. Should I let it drain now and then calibrate? Or should I charge it to 100% right away then drain?

Thanks guys.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not necessary to start over. Even if the battery wasn't calibrated properly the first time, you can always do it again, following the correct procedure:
    Also, you can change any settings that were done initially, without starting over.

3. newdeal macrumors 68020

calibration is just so the "time remaining" display is accurate. You can do it now easily enough. If you wanna set it up again you probobly will just want to boot from the included DVD and format the disc and reinstall snow leopard from scratch. There isn't a whole lot to set but at least one of the items can't be changed after you set it up

4. manimalfully thread starter macrumors newbie

What item can't be changed?

Also, what is there to set? I wanna reset whatever they asking in the beginning to my preferences.

5. manimalfully thread starter macrumors newbie