Arguments and compromises every Hardcore apple fan will make tomorrow.. I'll start

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djarpit, Sep 11, 2012.

1. djarpit, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

djarpit macrumors regular

1. I don't need a bigger phone, the new iphone is perfect size
    2. I can just own an iPad Mini and iPhone all together
    3. I enjoy all day battery life with my new significantly larger iphone

2. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

"NFC isn't popular enough yet!"

(Although I would like NFC)

3. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

So it's not possible to simply buy the new iPhone because you like it and will enjoy using it? There has to be some excuse or conspiracy theory? .... Freaking rediculous.

4. djarpit thread starter macrumors regular

NFC isnt secure enough yet for implementing

My area doesn't have 4g LTE, I dont really need it.

5. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Calm down, it's only a bit of fun. Jeez

6. djarpit thread starter macrumors regular

come on take it as a light joke and part take it in it

but of course you can buy it and enjoy it. i am talking about those who make excuses for having and owning it compared to other phones and the phone's superiority complex

----------

I plan on making a nice youtube video with these saying so come on add to it :D

7. dotme macrumors 6502a

Every post you have made on these forums in the past year has been anti-Apple. I realize that companies that create "fans" instead of customers must be a new and strange experience for you, but do try to accept it and move on.

8. djarpit thread starter macrumors regular

i have a mac book pro that I adore and love along with ipad 1, ipad 3, with 3 iphones in my family.

and since when is it wrong to have an opinion?

--- and the fact you went and searched all my posts... says something

9. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Fingerprint scanning home button would be cool but look how thin it is!

NFC would be cool but there's nowhere around that accepts NFC payments yet...and look how thin it is!

Look how thin it is!

10. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

At least only making the iPhone taller still gives us more screen...

-----------------

For the record, I actually don't care about NFC. While I think it is a cool concept, I would not be comfortable with that much of my information being on my phone.

I won't even carry/use credit cards that have the chip in them...

-----------------

My friends Dad is an Computer/Electrical Engineer who is working on NFC in phones. Apparently they have plans for it not only to replace (or substitute) for credit cards but car keys and much more. So instead of carrying the proximity key that Nissan (in my case) uses in the Maxima, I would just have to have my phone on me.

That is having too much rely on the phone for my taste...

11. djarpit thread starter macrumors regular

This is the fastest iPhone to date that apple has ever made

12. leenak macrumors 68020

Every fan?

I'm wondering if it is time for me to buy a smartphone (I had one through work for a while but didn't use it much). Do I want a smartphone? I'm not sure. I'll have to think on it for a little while.

Although I'd be pretty happy with a wi-fi ipod nano.

13. djarpit thread starter macrumors regular

that is freaking cool but apple is smart enough and knows how to predict or create trends

14. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

:eek: I can't believe how thin it is :eek:

LOL +1

15. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Perhaps if your thread title was more apt and didn't use proclaim "...every apple [sic] fan..." you wouldn't be catching flack. :)

Update: Title fixed? My comment is now irrelevant. Carry on! :)

16. djarpit thread starter macrumors regular

fixed the title :D

----------

Samsung is just scared of competition that's why they are threatening to sue the iphone 5.

(the irony)

17. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I agree, but if you lose your phone now... it sucks pretty bad... If you lose your phone and its your source of money, and your car keys, and who knows what else they could come up with on top of that... It could CRIPPLE someone.

I already guard my phone pretty intensely, and I do not like when people ask to borrow or use it. Cuz I fear if they drop it or something, they will probably just apologize and that be the end of it. What am I going to do with their sorry? Nothing. This has sort of happened to me before, I got knocked into a pool as a joke and my phone was in my pocket (Pre-iPhone)... All I got was a sorry, I was pissed... Safe to say, I am no longer friends with them. When I was 17, $300 was a HUGE amount of money to me.

If they add all of this, I will never let people use/borrow my phone. Which will make me look like an ***.

18. djarpit thread starter macrumors regular

i read this somewhere you can relate

Today's relationships: You can touch me anywhere you want, but you cant touch my phone

19. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Samsung and HTC both... Buying the company who owns LTE patents specifically to keep Apple out of the market. Apple will probably win through FRAND... because I wouldnt think they would be able to monopolize a service like LTE that is provided by the carriers (HTC and Samsung)...

Have they gone after Motorola or Lg? Or any of the other manufacturers I cannot think of? Nokia? I don't know what manufacturers have and haven't offered LTE phones so far.

ADDITIONAL: What is funny to me is how much business Samsung has gotten from Apple... How much Apple has purchased from them in the way of processors and screens for their devices along with whatever else they buy from them. (If I am wrong on any of this, my bad, this is how I understand the stuff I have read)

----------

LOL... All to true for me. I sometimes get so uncomfortable when people use my stuff (because they do not value it like I do, or they don't take care of it like I do)... Especially when I am not around. This was the worst with one of my college roommates... I feel like he ruined my ability to trust people with my things.

20. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

This top one is funny, because I know we'll see it (if NFC doesn't come tomorrow that is), and it couldn't be further from the truth

21. djarpit thread starter macrumors regular

the new headphones will revolutionize the way we hear music. you can actually feel the singers lips in your ears with the new design.

22. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I didn't want a notification light on the front anyway. It wakes the baby up if I get a text at night.

23. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Might I ask why? The whole point of NFC is it requires physical contact to transfer any data...so in that respect, it's no different than the magnetic strip on a credit card.

And if you lose your credit card, you have to cancel your number and deal with getting a new card. That's the only option. Lose your phone with the card data (first of all, most people are less likely to do this it seems...phones are bigger/heavier/more noticeable, and a checked far more often than a wallet), and anyone who finds it has to first break your PIN (you do have a lock screen pin, right?), THEN break the password on the payment app itself. And you have the option of just remote wiping the phone and not having to worry.

I'm not trying to talk you out of anything if you have a convincing reason to believe what you do...it's very possible you've heard/read something I haven't. But I've been thinking about it for weeks and I've yet to be able to come up with a way NFC is less secure

24. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Huh? "You know you'll see it, if it doesn't come tomorrow?" what does that mean?

25. kannesss macrumors 6502a