Arizona Republican led Senate REJECTS anti-immigration bills

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Mar 18, 2011.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

In a bold move by the Republican led Arizona Senate, five anti-illegal immigration bills were rejected.

Is it possible that Arizona might actually be the first conservative state to actually have conservatives who want to focus on jobs and the economy? I hope so, but we should probably keep an eye on things, lest they try to sneak these laws in.

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Wow, that's three republicans-are-bad-mmkay threads in 10 minutes. It's Friday man, relax!

3. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Actually, this is a Republicans in Arizona are doing what they said they would do, and that's focus on the economy and jobs, and not wedge issues that are unconstitutional. I'm applauding them for rejecting this BS, and hoping that they work for the benefit of Arizona.

You may not have noticed the end of the op in which I said I hope Republicans elsewhere follow their lead.

(edit) Oh, and I just wanted some other stuff to talk about that was political in nature.

4. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Yeah republicans actually did something useful once in their lives, see we give credit where deserved.

5. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Yes, but it is telling that he thought Republicans rejecting unconstitutional anti-illegal-immigration bills and instead working on jobs and the economy was ... bad-mmkay.

6. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

Looks like a republicans-can-be-good-too-mmkay thread to me. Knee-jerk much? ;)