Armed protesters stalk peaceful Muslims at Texas mosque: We want to show force

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Nov 22, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/arm...uslims-at-texas-mosque-we-want-to-show-force/

just because something it's legal does not mean you should, ***** morons

2. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

3. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

4. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

ammosexuals that are not smart enough to know when they hear ********. but hey christian law is so much better of course. I wish god would flush the toilet that is texas but I guess it is clogged with *******s again.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I don't want them to experience this pushing them over the edge...

7. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

This was an inevitable progression of all the fearmongering. Just be glad no one died... This time.

8. FieldingMellish Suspended

9. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

No.

I've been following jkcerda's posts. He is an adamant defender of the right to bear arms and self-defense. But he's never said or opined that he supports using guns to intimidate or bully others. Or at least I've never caught him posting such opinions.

Clearly, using the right to carry firearms (even where legal) in order to intimidate others…. is a gross over-reach and an abuse of the right. If Americans do it enough, the Politicians will make sure that right is eventually taken away.

10. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Good thing Muslims have a right to self defense in Texas. In the old days blacks just got lynched and had no access to the 2nd Amendment so they were defenseless.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

Hopefully, the new democratic governor won't allow lynchings the way it's been done by Democratic KKK members during the bad old times you're referring to.

12. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I can't think of any normal person who would be ok with this.

Granted, the source seems to be a little out there, but I don't see why these yahoos haven't already been rounded up for brandishing.

It's one thing to carry, and I'm even ok with open carry, but the comments and tenor of the event suggest an open display with an intent to create fear or apprehension. Knuckleheads like this need to be taught that it is a right to keep and bear arms, not a right to brandish them against someone who is peaceably assembled and poses no threat to you or others.

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

Isn’t Irving the town of the Muslim clock kid, whose entire story was that of subterfuge, not unlike the flying Imams BS of a few years back?

14. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Give it a rest, that was then, this is now.

It has been explained many many times to you on this forum, the Democratic party of the past was openly racist pandered to the KKK, the Dixie-crats. But the Democratic party moved on, into the 21st century, I think that it's time that you FM joined the 21st Century as well.

15. samiwas macrumors 65816

We'll wait and see, but I have one or two names in my head. But, you did say "normal", so that might exclude them.

Because.....it's Texas?

No! No! Don't you know that whoever was in the party sixty years ago is exactly the same as the party today. I mean, look at it...Republicans are the party of acceptance and freedom. You can see this by reading articles from the early 1900s!

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

Pardon me, but did I bring up the racism of the past? Check the thread.

But what is increasingly becoming apparent, Muslims are the new Black.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, this was an appallingly stupid move. I'm glad no one was hurt.

18. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

And, though I am wary of Islamic Fundamentalism, I'm even more wary of family practice attorneys. While one group has caused a bit of concern in my life, the other group has had a serious impact on my savings and retirement accounts... LOL

From what I've read on the subject, "Shariah" councils in "The West" largely exist as mediation bodies, where parties can voluntarily agree to have civil and family law issues adjudicated, instead of pushing them through the legal system. This is a perfectly legal and acceptable means of resolving such issues, and is considerably cheaper and more efficient than throwing money at lawyers.

For example - a couple wants to get a divorce can mutually decide to abide by the judgement of a third party. The resulting contract is only binding, if both parties decide that it is. Same holds true for civil suits, like one party buying a lemon of a used car from another. It's an opt-in system, and need not be religious in nature. If you and your soon to be ex-spouse are both impressed with the "Geniuses" at an Apple Store, you are free to both make an appointment and have him or her decide who takes over the credit card debt and who gets the kids on holidays. Again, an opt-in system. And though I'm wary of judgement being passed on the basis of a 7th century text, I'm even more wary of lawyers sending their bills... LOL

Now, mileage does vary by country. There are nut-bag states like Saudi-Arabia, where Shariah courts can sentence people to death and such. But that's nothing like what's going on here. These "courts" exist solely for mediating disagreements and settlements, and must abide by the civil and criminal laws in which they exist. A sharia "court" cannot, for example, decide it's OK for a 50yr old man to take a 6yr old bride, like Mohammed did.

19. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

That's actually a pretty unfair stereotype. There are some nut cases here, just like you'd find anywhere. But, the state is far from being a fortress of firearm freedoms.

Remember that among other things, open carry of handguns just passed this year, that the police here fought against codifying reasonable suspicion being needed to stop someone (claiming that they would be holding to that anyway), the original no-carry laws here were intended to keep blacks from being able to carry weapons, and places like San Antonio long made it illegal to carry a pocket knife.

We moved here, for work, 3.5 years ago. This place is different, but at least in the major cities/suburbs, is not really any different than any other place in the US. Even a lot of the farms aren't that different than those were we used to live.

The "Texan" mentality is really nothing more than peacock feathers and false bravado at this point.

20. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Domestic US terrorists.

Found a pretty good comment on the article.

[​IMG]

21. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Exactly, it's these type of people who make it hard for normal responsible gun owners. Whether one agrees or not with what these protesters are doing, it is, in fact, an act of terrorism when you run around with a gun scaring the sh*t out of people for no reason.

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You don't see the Freedom and Bravery emanating from the Christian fighter? Commie. ;)

:p

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

WHAT makes the guy shown a "Christian"? he very well could be an Atheist.

24. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

guns, hating on Muslims, white male if it smells like poo looks like poo it is seldom a snow cone.

25. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I think these protesters are the inevitable outcome of the scaremongering that goes on about Muslims in the popular press. I am appalled. And horrified.