Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Hi arn, et al.

Does this site software allow other kinds of thread ratings other than "positive" and "negative"? I think that things like "informative", "funny", and others might be useful. (More like slashdot)

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
hmm....

shouldn't u have emailed him instead? might have been quicker for a response....

but then again I've been wrong in the past on things....

oldMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
of interest to all

I figured such a thing would be of interest to others. Maybe I'm the only who thinks it would be a nice addition.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
I like the idea but what kind of options do we want?
How about:
Informative
Funny
Pointless
Possible

I throw possible and pointless in since this is a rumors site and that way you could quickly gauge what other people think of the validity of an article.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
How about:

Informative/Entertaining

Thought-provoking

Whistle-blowing

Bitch-fest

Flame-War

Apple-Bashing

Uninformed whiney crap, utterly pointless and We're all amazed it's gone on for more than 2 posts without being closed and the thread initiate slow-roasted over a fire kindled with their own system.

oldMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Funny, informative & pointless

I definitely would like to see "funny", "informative" and "pointless". There are some very funny things that cross through this site and it's nice to pick up a laugh from a thread that I might otherwise not read.

Pointless, well... There are a lot of threads like that.

Informative would be nice, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.