Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
I have created an album on my iPhone and it the pics are arranged by date added. Is there a way to arrange them by date taken?

Is this possible?

Thanks

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
Just added an old pic to one of my albums and it showed up when it was taken. So for me it is ordered by date taken. Sorry that I don't really know a solution for you.

Edit: Are you sure that the respective pics all have the date when they have been taken in the meta data?

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
Just added an old pic to one of my albums and it showed up when it was taken. So for me it is ordered by date taken. Sorry that I don't really know a solution for you.

Edit: Are you sure that the respective pics all have the date when they have been taken in the meta data?

sorry, I don’t know what the last part means?

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
E. g. there are programs that delete all additional data from a picture (location etc., probably also date taken) or if you e. g. scan a printed picture you also don’t have the date taken saved in the meta data. Hope that makes it clear.

The photos that are in the album: Were these normally taken with the iPhone? Then I also don’t know a solution, sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.