Art Bell "RIP"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by oldhifi, Apr 14, 2018.

1. oldhifi, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. JackieInCo Suspended

3. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

4. oldhifi thread starter macrumors 65816

oldhifi

I use to listen to him on the way to work, (very early in the morning)..

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

6. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

wow...he was a little nutty but loved his E.T. talk.

7. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

I remember a long time ago when I was research strange and spoopy stories. I downloaded a load of Art Bell clips about these weird and wonderful.... and obviously fake.... conspiracy theories. They were great for getting my mind in gear for the project I was working on. TBH I thought at first his shows were some sort of performance art.... y’know like ghost stories around the campfire. Apparently some believed them o_O

Yeah RIP Art.

(I think he was in a PC game called Prey but I might be wrong. I recall a section early in the game where the player could listen into radios at different points that told the story of a spaceship that had appeared over the desert. If it wasn’t Art himself it was definitely inspired by the dude)

8. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

No way man. I loved his show. Kept me awake at night in my youth when doing all night projects at work. Dude was a legend.

RIP

9. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

RIP Mr. Bell ... sorry I stopped listening years ago.

I have a job and C2C is so good, it was keeping me awake on work nights.

10. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Actually, Art was featured in "Prey". If you are playing the early part of the game after being captured he is doing his radio show an reporting on the "invasion" that is ongoing. I always loved that part of the game, (I still have it on my current iMac, might have to give it a go again. It was a great game!).

Even though I haven't listened to the man from Pahrump for many years, I will miss him. Used to listen to him on late night drives way back when and always got a kick from his topics.

11. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

I really enjoyed that section of the game. It was a nice way of feeding us information but t was optional. Very good. Apparently it’s used in Farcry 5 too but I don’t play games any more