Artist Creates Anti-Trump Sculpture From Actual Bull Manure

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, May 29, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Came across a local news story tonight about a guy who created some art using actual BS. Seems appropriate considering the subject matter. :D

I guess this story has been out there for awhile now, but didn't know about this until today when he brought his little art project to the streets of Hollywood. He must be taking his artwork around from place to place. Couldn't find photos or video from today, but did find some interesting links when I searched! Even an animated gif version. That's um, creative. lol

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/03/17/donald-trump-bull-manure-art-andrew-kong-knight/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/16/donald-trump-bull-dung-sculpture-giphy/

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Not really creative.

"Hey guys I'm going to create an installation with poop cuz you know Donald trump is full of poop, teehee, then add hitler references because that's never been done before."

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Well, funny but no surprise. The leftist-liberals swooned when Chris Ollifi used fecal matter to draw the Virgin Mary and a thrill ran down their legs over "Piss Christ." They seem to have a thing about excremental art.

4. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Probably because they believe it is representative art. Doesn't matter if they were making such things out of anger that Christ's followers are a load of hypocrites, it's still the wrong thing to do.

I'm sure people will make sculptures of Sanders and Clinton with manure as well. All the toddlers will be in the sandbox by then.

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Meh, you're just butt hurt because made a statue of dear leader made of BS. If someone made the statue of Hillary you'd be touting them as the next michaelangelo. But oh wait most conservatives think art is dumb so no point in trying to think about the opposite.

6. jerwin macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

Sometimes, art is all about the finished product, not the Bill of Materials.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

True; however, in the aforementioned masterpieces the artists deliberately choose those materials for their shock value.

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yeah, probably. Though it's hard to deny that Piss Christ managed to be both attention seekingly shocking, and beautifully rendered. It managed to fulfill all the functions of art as an expression of defiance.

9. chown33 macrumors 604

Your description is inaccurate. Here's a photo of the work:

[​IMG]

Unless you're referring to some other work, I don't see where this "used fecal matter to draw the Virgin Mary".

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It does have an ethereal quality to it. However, he could have just as easily used bourbon but Serrano figured that bourbon would outrage far fewer people and hence he would receive no media coverage and his art would sell for far less money.

At the end of the day it's all about the dollar.

11. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

One has a big chance to become president of the US, the other is playing with ****.
    I think I know who the loser is here.

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

If you can make money doing what you love, then go for it. And if doing what you love is pissing people off with piss, then hey, more power to you.

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

Disagree.

It's inclusion in a museum is also a statement about the curator. Because we know that so much modern art is a total scam run by left leaning fraudsters arriving at eye- rolling hokum phrases, such as, "both attention seekingly shocking, and beautifully rendered. It managed to fulfill all the functions of art as an expression of defiance."

The lefty artists do have an infantile preoccupation and fascination about bodily functions and fluids

14. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

man you just pulled that out of your rear end and flung it like a monkey right?

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I think you're confusing the put-on that is the Avant Garde with political affiliations. They're far from being one and the same, though admittedly most of those artists probably would be left leaning voters.

But anyway, Piss Christ is weird on all kinds of levels, because it's more than kinda crass and, yeah, I'll admit it, disgusting, but the picture itself turned out so beautifully. It takes a lot of talent to do something that good with...uh...you know...piss.

And I could argue that right voters have an infantile obsession with holding theirs in.

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

Anticipated response from Thing 1.
    --- Post Merged, May 29, 2016 ---
    And anticipated response from Thing 2.

17. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

You finally got into name calling. This must have really upset you.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Man, you got me into this thread for just that? I expected better of you. :mad:

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It's digital. So you can place most politicians there and it would be spot on.
    :D

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Everybody poops. :mad:

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

True. But politicians tend to use their mouths when they poop :D
    Edit. Guess lawyers & priest wood fit the bill as well

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I'M EATING STEW! :mad:

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Are you now smelling it before you bite it?:D

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

No, I quit eating it. The worst part was that it had corn in it.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Too late to eat anyways.