Artists showing up under the wrong letter on phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cygo, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Cygo macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Ever since updating to iOS5 my music on my phone is all out of wack.

Artists that should be under M show up under O, or even show up twice.

When I do a hard reset it fixes this temporarily. I even set up my phone as a new iPhone because I though my backup was corrupt...this is driving me crazy and I'm not sure what more to do.

I'm hoping there is a fix to this or that ios5 is just buggy and this will be fixed soon.

I'd post a picture but I'm writing this from my phone and could not figure out how.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank

2. Adweno macrumors newbie

Artist names overlap to the next letter in music app.

This happened to me also when upgrading to ios 5. It first happend on my ipod touch 4th Gen. I then bought the 4s and synced the same music as my ipod and the same thing happend on my iphone. The further I look down the list, the more the artists overlap into the wrong section. The "Z" section end with "The Strokes" and there's no more choices after that. If I do a search for "The White Stripes", it shows up fine. I'm just not able to browse for it. I've unchecked all my music, re-synced, checked it again, re-synced and as it's building everything looks good. But when it's done the same thing occurs.

3. redsoxbaseball7 macrumors newbie

Solution

I had the same problem. Here's how I fixed it.

Settings -> Music-> Group By Album Artist-> Off

4. IISLIPKNOTIII macrumors newbie

I am having this exact same problem. I recently bought the newest(white) iPod and it had this problem straight away.

I phoned apple and they had no idea what was wrong, but at the moment i just put up with it. When ever I want to add new music, i just add the music, then back up my iPod and then restore it. It's such a pain!! Really want a fix soon!