As far as I can tell, Spirit "destroyed" my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by slomifier, May 4, 2010.

1. slomifier macrumors regular

I have a 32gb 3G iPod touch

This morning, I checked the Green Pois0n blog, and I saw that the unthethered jailbreak was finally released. I didn't see any instructions associated with it, so I assumed it worked just like Blackra1n, and ran it.

For about 2 seconds, the screen flashed "Restore Complete", then the iPod shut down. When I turned it back on, I got the 'Connect to iTunes' screen.

I read somewhere, after I had already ran Spirit, that you're supposed to restore your iPod prior to trying to run Spirit.

Spirit and Blackra1n no longer recognize my iPod as an iPod, so I can't re-run them. I tried to restore back to 3.1.2, but Apple isn't signing that FW anymore.

It won't let me DFU either. I hold the power and home for 10 seconds, release the home, but the iPod just goes back to the 'Connect' screen after 5 seconds. I've used DFU enough to know that my timing isn't the problem.

Can anyone help? Not the most fun thing to deal with at 9 in the morning -_-

Thanks

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

3. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Restore to 3.1.3. And you're doing DFU wrong if it's not going into DFU mode. DFU mode is hardware. Spirit is software. It won't affect hardware.

4. slomifier thread starter macrumors regular

I want jailbreaking though. Or did Spirit open it up to 3.1.3?

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Restore to 3.1.3. If you were already jailbroken with blackra1n, spirit would cause it to be unbootable. But since 3.1.3 is jailbreakable via spirit, you've got nothing to lose by upgrading.

6. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

http://spiritjb.com/

7. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Link was already posted...

Yes, Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for 3.1.3. That was pretty much the point of it. :)

8. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Ack, that's what I get for opening a bunch of tabs at a time and not reloading before I post :p

9. jawa12083 macrumors member

Perhaps next time, it would be useful to read the instructions, before asking for help.

Hope everything works out for you!

10. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

haha, I do the exact same thing! I open up my User CP and then open all the unread threads in tabs and then go through and sometimes this same thing happens. :)