As long as it’s grey black pink or white

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MyAppleWorld, Sep 30, 2017.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502a

MyAppleWorld

Anyone else completely uninspired by the default band/case combos?

Has it always been this bad?

C172CE4C-5AB6-4478-8603-FCB2E1EA0C98.jpeg

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think Apple is going for both demographics here. The Apple Watch will appeal to everyone differently with certain bands. Of course the white and black band will be a standard, because it's the easiest colored bands to pair things with.

3. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I don't like the combinations but I planned on using my own leather band from pad and quill from the start - so I simply chose the band I found least unattractive/uncomfortable looking and put it on my spare old version 1.

4. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502a

MyAppleWorld

They really should do a build a watch scheme allowing you to just buy a case and strap combo
    Buying a bundle you don’t want is dead money.

The white band on SS is criminal

5. profets macrumors 601

I like the white band on SS quite a bit myself, and it's what I purchased this time.

But it would be really cool if you could choose the case and strap separately. I think they're trying to minimize SKUs though. Already seems like so many options.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I disagree. I think the white band paired with the stainless is a clean, nice look to it. I understand it's a rubber band, but it gives the basic option for somebody to switch it out to something nice if they want. It's no different than the black band paired with the black stainless watch. Apple knows that the user is going to purchase additional bands.

7. riverfreak macrumors 65816

riverfreak

I totally 100% agree. White with stainless looks sharp.

I always intended to get a white band for my S0 but never got around to it. Have the link bracelet and the classic buckle, neither of which I wear; just the black sport band, and some dead ringer knockoffs from Amazon.

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

What I don't understand is why they sell the Space Grey aluminium with both black and grey bands - incredibly similar - but only one SKU for the other two case colours with a Sport Band. Odd.

The cynic might say they've only gone for very neutral band colours as to not clash with the red crown.

I do wish there was a way to customise the case and band you receive if you order the watch online. None really inspire, when I finally get around to upgrading my AWS I'll probably go with the Seashell Sport Loop just because it's a different type of band.

9. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

I think this is because of autumn kicked in. Ever see colors in autumn collections?