As Mac, iOS, nuts, does anyone else have…

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by progx, Jun 12, 2013.

1. progx macrumors regular

progx

A 3DS sitting right next to their Macs?

I relocated after getting my sweet new 21.5" iMac. Of course, I have the Wii U and love the Nintendo's eco system. Does anyone else have this particular setup? If not, what do you use?

By the way, my Xbox 360 sits alone since the Windows 8 HP is for sale ;)

2. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

Not sure your question - I use Apple gear and when I game I'm almost exclusively doing it on Nintendo hardware - have a N64 - GC - Wii U and 3DS XL - big fan of both Apple and Nintendo.

3. sick z33 macrumors 6502

4. thehustleman macrumors 65816

I'm s 360 guy.

Going to switch to a PS4 guy with the crap Microsoft is doing

5. sick z33 macrumors 6502

Heard some shady stuff about Microsoft and Xbox today. Also looking forward to the PS4.

6. progx thread starter macrumors regular

progx

My question is: I'm sure many of us use a Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV and other Apple-related devices that all connect with each other.

I was wondering how many people use other eco-systems in technology. Such as the Wii U and 3DS, the PS3 and the Vita (I think it's still around), or Xbox + Windows + Windows Mobile. No, I did mention the Droid Island of lost devices that randomly "bump" into each other.

----------

I'm a 360 guy too. Sadly, I think it will end there for me. I still have butthurt over Sony and the whole hacking affair. Let's say, it was the "new" user terms that doesn't allow you to sue Sony if they get hacked again. In my eyes, the PS4 is as dead to me as the PS3 and PSP. It doesn't mean it's a terrible system, I probably will not buy either the PS4 or the XBONE.

I had a PS3, but sold it to the LIGHTYEARS better Wii U. Which continues the power of the G3 processor :)
    It's not a G3, but it's still based on that technology from IBM with some Power 4 mixed into it's three cores!

I think I will fly strictly with Apple and Nintendo from now on.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've got a 3DS and Vita sat besides my computer. I take a 3DS into work every day (Streetpass is a helluva drug).
    I don't use my iPhone or iPad for gaming. Tried them but I prefer a full-on gaming experience.

----------

Let's hope Apple or Nintendo don't have similar rules ;) I know Steam does. Let's hope you don't use Steam!

8. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I use SmartGlass for my 360 on my iPad and Android tablets....

9. ianwuk macrumors regular

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I'm hoping this is going to change now that iOS has a controller API built into iOS7, and the very distinct possibility of an official Apple sanctioned gamepad being built in the near future.

An iPad propped up by the smartcover, and connected to a proper controller would make for a nearly perfect portable gaming machine.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hardware is only one part of it. Ad-supported games, Pay-to-win, Free to play... this needs to be fixed. I'm not sinking my teeth into a game with those "features".

12. thehustleman macrumors 65816

I don't mind ad-supported games as long as there's an option to pay to get rid of ads.

Also IAP games that require you to pay for something to win should simply be Banned from the market.

Why should I get a game that says FREE and be required to pay to finish it? It's bull and I really wish Apple really livedup to their claim of creating the best use experience and got rid of them.

I'd much rather pay a flat rate and own the game free and clear!

I can see paying for new multilayer maps or something but not unfair advantages to someone who didn't pay.

That would really improve the user experience

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I also really don't mind paying more for a game if I'm guaranteed a complete experience. I'm very happy to plop down £40 for a full experience, I'm not happy about getting a 69p game and hiding characters/items/etc behind additional paywalls. It reduces the act of experimentation.

Take the Xbox One. The new Killer Instinct game is going to be free but come with just ONE character (Jago), and the rest are paid downloads. It just sounds awful, especially when you can buy Super Street Fighter 4 AE for £20 (when it was new) and get 39 fighters!

14. MRU, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013

MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Your not a Nintendo nut unless you have one of these ;)

[​IMG]

But yeah I've owned every Nintendo console..... All the way back to the euro NES.
    But then I've also owned every Sony console and every Microsoft console............
    Along with every Sega console. An Atari 2600, Jaguar & Lynx. 3DO, Phillips CDi.

15. thehustleman macrumors 65816

I've had all the Nintendo consoles including handheld
    All Microsoft consoles
    All Sony consoles
    Jaguar

I more than likely won't be getting the one.

Why?

Because of the silly restrictions and the fact that Microsoft, when asked about the online requirement said "we have a console for offline play, it's call the Xbox 360. Buy that if you want to play offline."

That, attitude (the smug attitude that Sony had) coupled with a price that's just too high (hello again Sony of the 7th generation) just doesn't make the one look good.

The ps4 is looking more and more appealing

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I saw a great comment comparing Sony's attitude at the PS3 launch to Microsoft's recent attitude. Along the lines of 'Sony was bumbling and awkward, Microsoft is malicious and crude'.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Neither would I. They're a sucky blight upon the videogame landsacpe.

But their existence alone doesn't diminish an entire platform, and can still exist alongside paid-for games without causing any problems. The free to play model hasn't stopped games like Baldur's Gate, Knights of the Old Republic, XCOM, Warhammer, Space Hulk, and the rest. As long as they sell, people will continue making them.

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Same here. DRM and no compelling reason to spend an extra €100 over the PS4 just make it a no-brainier for me.

Now had that Rare launch game been Kameo 2 I'd have been tempted, but still not enough for €500

The current/last gen had the advantage that there was a year gap between the two consoles making buying both an easier choice, but faced with both the PS4 & One launching just weeks apart, I'm only going to get one and that will be the PS4 at this given point.

I do think the recent #dealwithit attitude from Microsoft to be really worrisome.

Their attitude towards consumers seems to have changed when both Robbie Bach & J.Allard both left Microsoft and Phil Harrison took over.

----------

Exactly....

19. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I had a 3DS for quite a while and just today bought the 3DS XL. I, too, keep it next to my Retina MacBook Pro :p.