As of today, any way to roll back to 5.1.1

Neebee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
It's not "that" big of a deal, but it would be nice if I had my Google maps back. But I have my Android and the wife's iPad 3 that I didnt upgrade to 5.1.1. I've tried various methods on the web and I still get error 3194 in trying to rollback to 5.1.1. I tried DFU mode as well. Nothing worked. Apple servers are blocking the verification.

Is there any new info on rolling back?

RRutter

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Austin, TX
It's not "that" big of a deal, but it would be nice if I had my Google maps back. But I have my Android and the wife's iPad 3 that I didnt upgrade to 5.1.1. I've tried various methods on the web and I still get error 3194 in trying to rollback to 5.1.1. I tried DFU mode as well. Nothing worked. Apple servers are blocking the verification.

It depends on your baseband. As far as I know, if you own an A4 baseband device you can rollback to 5.1.1 using Redsn0w.

iASS

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
Tried downgrading yesterday to no avail...

Then reset my iPhone 4S as "new phone" and then re-installed iOS 6 to see if the bluetooth issues had gone... which they weren't. :mad:

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
I updated my iPad2 to ios6, just so I could talk intelligently about it, but I won't let it anywhere near my phone until a jailbreak is available.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have updated. Certainly no advantage over a jailbreak.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada

Then reset my iPhone 4S as "new phone" and then re-installed iOS 6 to see if the bluetooth issues had gone... which they weren't. :mad:
I did the same. These bluetooth issues are insane. I might call to complain today just to get more voices in at Apple

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011

What bluetooth issues?

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
What bluetooth issues?
Many people are having issues with Bluetooth since upgrading.

Choppy sound, controls don't work, etc.

In my case I can't even have my phone 3-4ft away from my headphones anymore without it cutting out. I used to be able to walk across the room with my headphones on and it work fine.

Since iOS6 its been terrible.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Many people are having issues with Bluetooth since upgrading.

Choppy sound, controls don't work, etc.

In my case I can't even have my phone 3-4ft away from my headphones anymore without it cutting out. I used to be able to walk across the room with my headphones on and it work fine.

Since iOS6 its been terrible.
This iPhone 5/iOS 6 launch is such a mess. It angers me that this isn't going to affect Apple one bit. They'll still sell products in their millions, pocket masses of profit and the shares will continue to rise.

What should happen is sales should fall, profits should be hit and investors should lose confidence. That way Apple will pull their socks up and start spending some of their $100bn making sure this stuff doesn't happen again.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
This iPhone 5/iOS 6 launch is such a mess. It angers me that this isn't going to affect Apple one bit. They'll still sell products in their millions, pocket masses of profit and the shares will continue to rise.

What should happen is sales should fall, profits should be hit and investors should lose confidence. That way Apple will pull their socks up and start spending some of their $100bn making sure this stuff doesn't happen again.
yeah I agree.

This is with iOS6 on my iPhone 4. I'm assuming its the same on the 5.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World

Depends on the device and if you have saved your SHSH/APticket

A4/3GS devices can downgrade to 5.1.1 if the have there blobs.

Ipad2 with blobs fo 4+ and 5+ can downgrade when the new redsn0w comes out.

the rest is SOL

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/31869383801/blob-o-riffic

Neebee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster

This is a great example of brand loyality or complete ignorance. I am not sure which. Perhaps the text books and case studies in years to come will figure out why Apple has immunity (so far).

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011

This is a great example of brand loyality or complete ignorance. I am not sure which. Perhaps the text books and case studies in years to come will figure out why Apple has immunity (so far).
The Emperor's New Clothes comes to mind :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.