As one who proudly owns IPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zandermom23, Jul 13, 2013.

1. zandermom23, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013

zandermom23 macrumors newbie

zandermom23

I actually bought a white 5 and did not like the build quality so returned it for my IPhone 4S. What's more, I read on here and other forums that there were others who actually did the same. Downgraded.... Downgraded an Iphone.

You might as well put Iphone 4/4S in the Smithsonian now because you will (and you can mark my words) never see another Iphone designed as the IPhone 4S. Without Steve Jobs, Apple is history.

As I said, mark my words. You don't have to believe me. I cried the day he passed. Arsehole or not he was genius and his death, I am afraid was the death of Apple.

I will forever treasure my IPhone 4S even if it is down to its last breath. You will never see such a gorgeously designed phone come out of Apple ever again. Now remember, I had an Iphone 5 brand spanking new yet returned it for my 4s.

I'll miss you Steve, arrogance and all but most of all I will miss the company Apple once was.

I know I know... It's only a phone it's only technology and world peace is much more important. Ya da ya da ya da

2. waa1futs macrumors 6502

While I like the glass build of the 4s > 5 I would have to say you are being a bit of a dramatist with "the sky is falling / apple is doomed" tone you speak with :rolleyes:

You know who was in charge of design for the 4s, 5, and any other future iPhones at Apple right? Jonathan Ive, who is alive and well.

3. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

I have recently petitioned my senator and congressmen to pass a law making it illegal for people to insist that they know what Steve Jobs would or would not have approved of. Life in prison seems appropriate.

For what it's worth, I am a fan of both designs. I prefer the lightness and sleekness of the 5, but would gladly accept some additional thickness if it came with better battery life.

4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

If Apple is dead, then what company is up keeping Apple.com :confused:

5. Krov7 macrumors newbie

Scoff. OOOOKAYYYY buddy, because the 4s design was different from the ip4

6. waa1futs macrumors 6502

Not sure what your point is :confused:

Obviously if I like the 4s design then I like the iPhone 4 design as well :rolleyes:

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm glad you like the iPhone 4S. I do not. I like my 3GS and my 5, but I saw enough of the 4 and 4S from my coworkers to determine that this was NOT an iPhone I cared for.

The solution to Antennagate was to give cutomers a free bumper. Yeah, that's Apple style. Increase functionality while making the device even more fugly.

While the iPhone 5 has it's own faults, having a shattered back from repeated and consistent drops (from the user base) does not seem to be one of them.

I'm not trashing the iPhone 4S, it's a good iPhone. I just personally, do not care for it's design. So, while it's great that you think it's wonderful, I'm sorry, I just do not share your opinion.

8. zandermom23 thread starter macrumors newbie

zandermom23

Not being dramatic. Just stating my opinion. I love my Iphone glass and all. I have not a scratch ding nor dent anywhere on it and have a minimal case. I am very careful, however, with my expensive items. By the way, and not that it matters much, I am a 45 year old female who had a MacBook Pro 2006 model. Sold it and have no computer at the moment. My 18 year old daughter has a new MacBook Pro for college. No better computer out there so maybe I am wrong and those IPads will keep Apple going. But as for Iphone, not a good outlook in my opinion.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm a PowerPC fan myself. :D

2005 PowerMac G5, 1.8Ghz.
    2003 17" PowerBook G4 1.0Ghz
    2006 17" PowerBook G4 1.67 Ghz DLSD-HD

There's an Intel Mac Pro at work. But it's the black sheep. :)

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

The iPhone4S is an attractive iPhone and deserves a place on the mantel, but make no mistake- the iPhone5 is also art and the functionality is superior.
    [​IMG]

11. It Is James macrumors member

I think people give Steve Jobs way more credit than he deserves. Yes he got Apple started but he isn't as directly involved as people think he is. Some people worship him and it's kind of ridiculous.

12. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

What proof do you have that he wasn't as directly involved as people think?

13. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I like the iPhone 4S design more than the iPhone 5.

The 4S, in white especially is a stunning device.

14. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Your do realize that SJ was directly involved with approving the iPhone 5's design. Do U really think that the 5 was designed after SJ passed?

15. takeshi74 macrumors 601

People have said the same about prior models as well. Preference is just preference even if others have done the same. That said, use whatever works for you.

16. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

I like my 4s and plan on keeping it as long as possible.

17. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

the iphone 4S its just one of those landmark phones that unless you are one of those people who feel left behind in the technological race you just dont want to let go.

i myself plan on squeezing it to its last drop until i move on. its up there with the motorola starTAC, the motorola V3 and the iphone 2G of great phones of all time.

the iphone 5 is just an anecdote.

18. 5enohpi macrumors regular

5enohpi

Is the phone on the bottom a white to black conversion iph5?

19. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

As a 5 owner, I feel obligated to defend the 5 :) While the 5 is not IMO quite as stunning to look at as its predecessor, I think that the internals of the 5 are far better designed and configured.

The 5's battery and display can be easily replaced, while the 4S has an easily accessible battery but a hard to replace display. The 5 also has a more robust home button.

The 5 might not be revolutionary, but its a very well designed device.

20. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure the iPhone 5 was designed before Steve Jobs died...

21. SONiC5 macrumors regular

I think people who downgrade are crazy lol (j/k), I couldn't imagine trading in a 4" screen and LTE capability for the device I'm holding right now.

Function over form for me, although I like both designs. My only gripe with the 5 is that it scratches easily.

22. taedouni macrumors 65816

Apparently the iPhone 5 was the last iPhone that Steve Jobs had extensive control over. It was reported ( and you can do the research yourself) that Steve Jobs didn't focus on the 4S, that he put all of his energy into the 5 until his death.

23. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

I always cry when people I don't know or had nothing to do with my life die too.

24. jenni122701 macrumors regular

jenni122701

I had never owned an iPhone before this year and toward the beginning of the year I got the iPhone 4S through my carrier for basically nothing. I love it so much. Love the design. I do wish I had a slightly larger screen, but its not a big issue. I cant upgrade until later NEXT year, so hopefully it last me just fine til then. So no 5 or 5S for me anytime soon. Next year I will decide if I wanna upgrade to the 5 or go in more for the 5S, gotta see what the differences are gonna be. So I am always one or two models behind. Lol.

25. ionaetp macrumors newbie

I have recently petitioned my senator and congressmen to pass a law making it illegal for people to insist that they know what Steve Jobs would or would not have approved of[​IMG]