As suspected, nobody is outraged about THIS...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by BoneDaddy, Aug 19, 2017.

1. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Well, here it is. You have corrected the lack of outrage by supplying your own. That is what the New Thread button is for.

But in response to the article, this woman should clearly be fired immediately if not prosecuted. This is well outside the bounds of acceptable political discourse. However, I see little connection with "The Far Left", whatever that is in your country.

3. BoneDaddy thread starter Suspended

BoneDaddy

Ha, I'm not outraged. I think it's funny when people say dumb things out of a childish anger that something didn't go their way (the election). Otherwise, I don't even care when people say stuff like that. That's her opinion and I can give two *****.

But out of principle, I thought I'd check to see what other people thought about it, on this forum, and I wanted to confirm my suspicions that none of the people on this forum, with reputations for taking the SMALLEST thing that is said or done on the right, made a thread about it.

Well, suspicion confirmed...

4. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

This is purely stupid. I cannot believe someone would elect a person like this. If someone wants remove this president like many of us wanted. Then wennredngo thorough the proper channel. Startingna social movement that impeach this idiotic president. Otherwise work with this idiotic president. Afterall he was legally elected president

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

The only thing that gives me any sense of outrage is that folks want her to quit.

6. villicodelirant macrumors 6502

villicodelirant

7. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

One ill-conceived, off hand comment on a Facebook page is not a movement, nor does it define "the left".

She's free to wish anyone dead she wants, just like the KKK, alt-white, and neo-nazis do. Wishing or hoping for a thing does not make it so. It's protected speech.

If we all had a quote machine following our every word, we'd all be in a heap of trouble.

Politicians say a lot of dumb things, lots of times when you put them on the spot. She's walking it back. I don't think anyone needs you throw her under the bus because she said one stupid thing. If it is a pattern of stupid things, that's something different, however President Trump has a pattern of saying stupid, ill-conceived, off hand things.

8. Zenithal Suspended

I think more Americans are going to be outraged when they find out a gang's stolen 20 tons of Nutella.

The fat content in that crap makes for a decent fuel starter.

9. villicodelirant macrumors 6502

villicodelirant

Did you just call Nutella "crap", Sir.

10. Zenithal, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017

Zenithal Suspended

Yes. It's nothing like what it was 20 or even 30 years ago. I much prefer Rigoni di Asiago's interpretation of the famed Nutella and their honey.

There's an American brand called Justin's that does a chocolate sauce with finely chopped toasted hazelnuts. Very strong flavor, but nothing like what you're used to.

It's a little pricey for the amount, but quality over quantity.

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

You're going to make our European friends march on SoCal with comments like that

12. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

You can have it.:p

Sorry JK. Gun toting Mexi-Migets are welcome in NC tho.

13. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

There are enough members from both sides on this forum for this type of news to be discussed. Those who oppose Trump (which I won't call "the left") usually post things they have a problem with. Those who think he can do no wrong (which I won't call "the right") usually praise him everytime he farts a tweet. What are you gonna do?

Besides, how can I comment on something that I don't know anything about? Thanks to you, now I do! And yes, that's wrong!! I wish Trump a lot of things but not this, certainly not this.

Now, should she resign? Well... she said something very stupid and uncalled for that's for sure. Since she's protected by free speech, I'd say she could start by apologize publicly and acknowledge her mistake. Which she kind of did but it could have been better, based on what I read in the article. Now, do you think the President should resign for saying very stupid, uncalled for things? Because that list is huge...

14. BoneDaddy thread starter Suspended

BoneDaddy

This thread is about the fact that the far left show their hypocrisy by whining about the smallest of things, but not caring when "their side" says **** like this.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 19, 2017 ---
    I agree, but as I responded to the guy above, all of that is irrelevant. If a republican said that, your views and values may suddenly and conveniently change, depending on how blindly loyal you were to your side.

15. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

My side is logic and reason, measured rational thought. I voted for Trump, but I didn't vote for any other Democrat or Republican, people that abandon rational thought for political idealism are the problem.

16. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

You keep calling them "far left"...any particular reason for that?
    Stop right there! The second sentence doesn't match with the first one ;)

17. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

To you, likely because you are so blinded by your own opinions, or the ones feed to you in your liberal eco chamber, that you can't conceive of any rational reasons anyone else may have for opposing you, your ideals, or your opinions.

18. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

I guess next time I'll need a bigger smiley.

FWIW, I have read enough of your posts to know that you don't seem like the kind of person blinded by your own opinions. So please don't make that assumption on my part. I'm neither a conservative nor a liberal, I'm fairly openminded (I think! :)), I actually think both sides could learn from each other sometimes. But I loathe Trump yes, I think he has no place at the White House, and nothing he does right now can make me think otherwise. Like I said in another thread, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt almost everytime because I want the U.S to have a stable and effective presidency - but the guy just can't help himself! I don't like it when the rest of the world laugh at the U.S, thanks to this appalling administration (so far).

19. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

It was A Senator. Yes it was horrible, and yes she was called out on it. I don't deny it.

Death threats went up 400% with the previous president, was anyone really upset or outraged by this? Nope. For some it was a sad realization of what's really going on in our country, but kept silent for fear of being called out. For some on the right, it was that president's fault for being so divisive. They couldn't give you really concrete incidents of divisiveness, but it could be seen if you really 'looked' for it. I'm going to go out on far limb and make the claim that perhaps this current president is as actually divisive if not more than the previous one. Now I'm sure some will argue with me on that, but that's how they see it. Which helps with my little realization of awhile ago.

Outrage, like beauty seems to be in the eye of the beholder.

I let you in on a little secret that I alluded to in another thread. I keep a small list every week of things I've read online of things that I thought were outrageous, and wait to see if they are commented on here. I began this after I noticed for awhile when things were relatively quiet in 45's administration, we had a spate of baiting threads. The threads were usually race related, a handful about LGBTQ issues, and the remaining about immigration. They were always begun by the usual suspects, then we started getting a few new posters who wanted to open a 'discussion' because they hadn't ( Duh! New. ) seen it here. It was the usual merry go round of talking points, never bothered by facts presented, often just falling back on attacking the sources of the facts, not the facts themselves. Then 45's administration started picking up speed on it's path of chaos, and those posters & the sources of their articles/threads were in full spin/defense mode, so the threads stopped.

The outrage out there didn't stop, just the interest in that outrage seemed to. Unarmed PoC are still being shot, LGBTQ efforts in not recognizing them haven't slowed down, and ICE's efforts in rounding up immigrants legal/illegal criminal/not criminal haven't slowed down put ramped up. Some of you guys on the right have missed some juicy stuff while distracted by 45's antics.

But you don't care.

Because that isn't what this is about. It isn't about calling for the umpteenth time about the hypocrisy of the left, or why can they do that but we can't. It's about swimming in that bubble of outrage, but of course when one side does it, it's never outrage. It's only outrage & hysteria when the other side does it.

The situation with the senator, I read it the day of on a site for 'black' news. This is my favorite part, I read this day before the article linked here, on the site for black news. Not a word of it here, I kept quiet & waited... Oh, must be slow news ( thank God ) for now cause here it is... Does it hit some of the favorite buttons? PoC. Check. Woman. Check. Liberal. Check. Let's Goooooooooooo! Take her comments from her private section and send them to a conservative radio host. Now we got us sum outrage! Yeee Haa! Yes, it was wrong of her. Bear in mind though if it was a conservative who did this, the focus would be more on the 'scum' who posted her private message. There would be focus on the invasion of privacy. Then the conservative would be allowed to do the apology tour, and some would 'pooh pooh' it with talk of enflamed passion.

http://www.theroot.com/i-hope-trump-is-assassinated-state-senator-maria-chap-1797960395

But hey, you guys missed some other things to be outraged about...

http://www.theroot.com/tenn-teen-paints-racial-slur-on-pastors-car-says-it-w-1797971325

http://www.theroot.com/dog-shows-up-on-phoenix-familys-doorstep-with-swastika-1797972705

http://www.theroot.com/kkk-flyers-distributed-across-green-township-ohio-1797970349

No? No outrage? No concern? No crap given? Hmmmm...

My personal favorite you guys missed...

http://www.theroot.com/a-black-man-trademarked-the-n-word-the-one-with-the-a-1797334111

So my feelings are if you want to complain to someone about there not being enough outrage ( I know, I know, I know it's only outrage when liberals do it ) try going to a mirror. You'll find someone else guilty of selective outrage.

20. steve knight, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

sell maybe we didn't here about it? I bet I can find hundreds of articles that are outrageous that you didn't to notice. and has been said she needs out of there. Remember there are a few republican politicians that called for oboma to be executed and they are still in office I think.

21. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

We for sure see you whining bout this, so there must be 100s of threads started by you whining over the smallest wrongdoings from the right.....

Crickets?
    Dark colored talking kitchenware?

22. chown33 macrumors 604

I just wanted to point out that this is a meta-outrage thread. It's not outrage about an event, it's outrage about the outrage (lack) about an event.

Another way of putting it: it's not about one's own feeling about the event, it's about one's feeling about other's feelings. Or even about the expectation of other's feelings.

tldr: so much feelz.

Carry on.

23. BoneDaddy thread starter Suspended

BoneDaddy

Yea, because lines have been blurred so much these days, that "far left" and leftist extremist, is the only thing I can come up with to show that I'm not trying to bulk everyone together, or generalize a "side".
    You've spent a lot of time attempting to side step the point of the thread. Fine by me... As for your "personal favorite", what is there to be outraged about? Black people have been calling each other the N word with an A, for as long as white men have used it, and years past it being common for a white man to use it. The fact that some black man is looking to trademark the word, doesn't surprise me. I simply see it for what it is and what a lot of democrats and black folk do; capitalize on the backs of black suffering and black people's problems.

It all falls under the same problems that plague the black community. No outrage for the numbers of black on black crime, but if someone can make money, or progress their political agenda, they'll take a couple of questionably bad shoots, and turn them into victimhood, before the facts even come out.

It's sad, really. For years, great black Americans fought against slavery and to sit anywhere on the bus. Now, they're slaving for powerful politicians, while throwing each other UNDER it.

Anyways, all of that **** you posted is dumb **** most of us just blow off because some idiot is being a bigot. To say you hope the president gets assassinated, in the position she's in, and as a democrat and african American? If she were a white republican, who said that about Obama, she'd be working at Walmart...

I'm done...
    I did think that maybe nobody heard of it, but with the things that show up on this thread that weren't all over the news and even I had to dig for, I highly doubt it.

Who called for his execution? And those who did, what were the reasons? Did they believe he was treasonous? Did anyone speak on hoping for his assassination? As you know, assassination has no cause. Execution, is done after one has been convicted of a crime, warranting that punishment. There's a big difference.
    OH GOOD ONE! YOU SURE SHOWED ME! Yea, unlike many members, if something was done or said by someone on that right, that warranted outrage, I sure as hell speak up about it.

Some threads on here are for the silliest things, yet the hope for assassination of our POTUS, but someone in that position, goes without a peep.

Crickets is right... TOO EASY

24. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Uh...this just showed up in my news feed this morning. Perhaps you think that everyone here sits around with our browsers open to PRSI so that we can instantly post outrage from all sides over everything, but geez, gimme a chance to read the story, much less decide whether this dumb woman's blatherings are worth getting upset over.

Exactly.

I'm not sure what BoneDaddy is complaining about. By his "logic", we should expect conservatives to be the first to call out every stupid thing Trump does.

First of all, we're flattered that you know we liberals have an eco chamber. Al Gore built it in 1992, and it's where we all go when we need to get away from the choking coal pollution, leaded water and pig farm manure odor that Republicans like to let out into the rest of the world.

But how can you claim to be for logic and reason when you helped put a crazy man in the White House? How can you claim anyone else is blinded by their own opinions when you are telling us you voted for Trump and nobody else in either party? That sure doesn't sound like reason; it sounds like blind hatred.

This is the most cogent observation in the entire thread.