Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mademan118

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
This huge overblown aspect of the OS is crazy. Please give us the ability to scale or make things smaller. I don't get more content with this bigger screen, just bigger content.

Reactions: luchid

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sounds like Apple is realizing that people like to quickly glance at their phones or quickly be able to read through things here and there and so they are making things somewhat larger in places. The consistency and having options that apply more consistently as well might be a bit in question though.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Sounds like Apple is realizing that people like to quickly glance at their phones or quickly be able to read through things here and there and so they are making things somewhat larger in places.

Except it seems with lock screen notifications. In the case of IOS 10 it's not that they are noticeably smaller (be interesting to check though), but the black on grey is actually harder for me to read quickly at a glance than how they appeared in iOS 9.

Plus they now remind me of the opaque iOS look I used to have on my 4s when I turned on Reduce Transparency.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Except it seems with lock screen notifications. In the case of IOS 10 it's not that they are noticeably smaller (be interesting to check though), but the black on grey is actually harder for me to read quickly at a glance than how they appeared in iOS 9.

Plus they now remind me of the opaque iOS look I used to have on my 4s when I turned on Reduce Transparency.
There's that too. And smaller font that comes up in Mail for various people.

So the whole thing that things are getting larger for better visibility doesn't really even quite hold up.

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
This huge overblown aspect of the OS is crazy. Please give us the ability to scale or make things smaller. I don't get more content with this bigger screen, just bigger content.

i totally agree!

ios 10 is very ugly on this.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Perhaps the Apple Team's eyes are getting worse with age. I'm not on iOS 10 yet, so maybe that's worse.

Perhaps they realise their main buying group is getting older and older (no new blood), so make the text / icon bigger and bigger (make sure we can read the screen) to maintain their sales.

Or they know their price is too high. So make sure the iOS is more focus on the rich old man, and make this group of people have reason to upgrade their iPhone every year. :p

mademan118

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
I originally was going to title the thread 'iOS 10 is designed for seniors' because that's how I feel. I really hope something else becomes available.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I originally was going to title the thread 'iOS 10 is designed for seniors' because that's how I feel. I really hope something else becomes available.
At the same time it doesn't really explain why other new items mentioned earlier are smaller and/or harder to see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.