Aside from Macbook Air...can we expect a revision to the real MacBook line soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jayeskreezy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I was wondering this b/c to most the macbook air wasn't a revision, but a dissappointment to the macbook line. Does anyone know if they will be attempting to intro a new macbook anytime soon that competes with the current line? I have a mbpro 15" 2.2ghz, but I'd love to swap it for a macbook if their revisions ever included either a matte screen option or a better video card since I do a lot of FCE work.

Just curious...thanks in advance!

2. jeff3221 macrumors regular

They just updated the macbook in November. The Macbook Pro update should be out sometime soon. I hope that answers you question. Try looking in the buyers guide.

3. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

bummer...that sux! im going overseas this summer and I REALLY dont want to take my mbpro...much rather be traveling with a mb...well, i'll have to wait until march or april or something I guess

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

so buy a macbook...its a fine machine

what the heck more do you want???

5. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

what?!? therse not going to be another new machine before summer...

dude just buy the current generation macbook

7. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Truth is, nobody here will know for sure. Apple can do whatever, whenever.

Don't listen to the people who say they know for a fact there won't be an update before Summer. It's all based on speculation of course, and like I said, no one but insiders at Apple's headquarters know when an update will come.

8. akadmon macrumors 68010

I suspect this will be the last last update the MB will receive. In a couple of years we will only have the Air and the Pro. I mean, to improve the MB, make it more attractive is to move in the direction of MB Air, so why not just get rid of it altogether? Mark my word, the hdd based MB Air will drop to 1299-1499 by the end of the year (depending on processor speed), at which point it's bye-bye MB.

9. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

there will not be a macbook update before summer, macbook pro, maybe, but not macbook, nor will there be a macbook nano, or macbook tablet or whatever

10. mac'in'toss'ed macrumors member

MB has has enough power for everybody's need but not enough power for somebody's greed:confused:. So if it is not the heavy graphics use, then MB is a pretty good machine buy it, enjoy it!! The lower end version of MBP is the same spec as a higher end MB except of the dedicated graphics card.

11. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Listen to this guy.

12. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

did you NOT read my original post where I said if I didn't use FCE (Final Cut Express) then i'd probably have a macbook...that's why I got a pro...I do a LOT of video editing and from what I've heard-the graphics card just isn't up to par....that's my main concern

...so why must you act ugly when I'm asking a legit question with a REAL concern?...I move around a lot and why the macbook pro is REALLY smooth and nice I'm scared to take it some places b/c of the aluminum easily dented exterior...I like the macbooks shell....BUT I wouldnt buy something that doesnt work for my needs

13. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

if you are waiting for macbook release for better things within the graphics department, hate to break this to you, but the macbook isn't designed for graphics, and it will never be designed for graphics.

14. heatmiser macrumors 68020

This too. Don't waste your time waiting for a Macbook with a discrete video card. Either get an MBP now, or when they're updated (read my sig). If you need graphics, this discussion is moot.

15. Mackan macrumors 65816

We can expect a MacBook Pro update soon (Penryn CPU), and the MacBook will probably get updated (Penryn CPU) a few months after, say April or May.
    That fits perfectly in with what Apple has done previous years.

That's probably it for now. I don't think we can expect redesigned models
    until late summer at earliest. (if they have such plans, but the longer time goes, the more likely for a redesign as well, MacBook will probably not stay plastic forever... unforunately, because I like that more than this alumnium)

16. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks for the help everyone...man I just wish I could use a regular mb for vid editing! I can handle the glossy screen, but I need speed and power....well, I'll just stick to my mbp and pray that I win a large sum of $$$ so I can buy a regular macbook for traveling too

17. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

Why? I carried my MBP around Asia for a couple of weeks last summer and it was fine. The size difference between the two machines isn't all that significant.

18. yomamasalama macrumors newbie

What about blu-ray?!! Does anybody think a blu-ray update is coming soon. I was so sure that they were gonna introduce it at macworld. Now I have to endure more waiting...:(