Aspiring YouTube Star Shot and Killed: A cautionary tale for those that desire to be internet famous

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jun 29, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

next clown will try it behind a book AND a piece of saran wrap............ morons.

3. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

I was going to post a flippant comment about Darwin or something but then I read the story. Holy freaking sad! Does the desire to be famous really trump commons sense for some?

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Sadly this is the world we live in. It's easy to go the route of the darwin joke. But this is a real problem for a generation growing up with the need for their 15 minutes and then some.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Darwin was too late. He already bred. The path to Idiocracy continues.:(

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

That's shortsighted and ignorant as it implies that any offspring of his or the mother of his children would follow the same path.

7. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Yes. Just take a gander at the Hollywood scene.

8. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Stupid kids.:mad: Didn't it occur to him to do a trial run before attempting the stunt?:confused: You know, sacrifice another book to see if the bullet will penetrate it completely or not? Cor blimey.:rolleyes:

As an older generation guy, it's easy for me to shake my head and say, "Kids these days." But we (our generation) is partly to blame. We raised them that way (not me, but our generation in general). Anytime my kids did something stupid they get, "Did you mother raise to be stupid?" The answer was invariably, "No Dad, we learn it from you." Ouch! Sarcastic brats.:D Get me some ice for that burn.:p

9. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

I can remember doing an "Evel Kneivel" and jumping my bike over my friends laying on the ground. o_O
    Note: Nobody was hurt in the jumps that ensued. ;)

10. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

It's behind a paywall for me, here's another article for anyone else who can't see it.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnas...outube-stunt?utm_term=.mbWbVOLqNe#.rq4QbZGYld

That is insanely sad. These two made an absolutely awful decision. He's dead. She loses her boyfriend and two kids are fatherless.

Like others have said, it's easy to say how stupid they were but we've all done stupid things. Most of us live to learn from it.

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i think there is a a line between doing "stupid things" vs. taking a Desert Eagle and shooting it at point blank at my husband & father of my children who is only protected by a book ignoring pretty much all basic gun safety.

Perhaps reading more books instead of buying guns to shoot at one might have helped.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Now, JK.. please don't make me have to say this for you, because we expect better, you should know better by now.

Ahh, to hell with it.. but you owe us one of your nana's damn good recipes!

play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

:D

BL.

13. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I'm trying to think of why she's being charged with manslaughter instead of calling this an accidental (if idiotic) shooting.

14. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Another Darwin award... :(
    --- Post Merged, Jun 29, 2017 ---
    ...a cautionary tale for those who want to play with guns in a dangerous manner. :oops: Now what if he had put a steel plate inside the book? :rolleyes:

15. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Lesson learned .....Next time use a book made of 4 inches thick titanium :D

16. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Keeping their options open? If I was to guess, will be a light sentence, maybe even probation. There is an argument that she was convinced this was a safe thing to do.

17. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Because one of the two of them should've had the common sense that this was a very bad and dangerous idea??

18. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

They did. its in the article

This is extremely sad, doing this at all is so dumb and senseless but if they were going to do it, why in the world use a dessert eagle with a .50 cal... Any gun would have had the same shock factor for the purposes of making the video. But they decide to use the most powerful gun in the world with bullets made to pierce tanks... Unreal!

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

20. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

It wasn't a book it was his glasses case and a speech that he had written. Then he spoke for an hour and a half after being shot.:eek:

21. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Of Roosevelt? I'd love to see that! :D

BL.

23. Zenithal macrumors 603

Is every twit on Youtube a star these days? I'm trying very hard to feel sorry for the families of these people but I can't.

24. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

It's an extension I would think.
    I jumped a bike over my friends - neighborhood hero / idiot (kid vs. parent ;)).
    These days you need YouTube or Facebook or ...

Not video documented, didn't happen. :D

25. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Was it a 50 cal bullet fired from a Desert Eagle?