Assange's internet connection... cut off

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
he should check his billing settings. Because sometimes if you're doing automatic payments and your credit card expires, you can forget to reset it and miss some payments.
You have no idea how many times this happened to me....... (yeah I used to lose my wallet quite a few too many times... until I got the Speck wallet case for my 6S... now I don't carry a wallet (or a bag thanks to the iPP).

Also, has he tried turning his router off and back on again? That's happened to me a time or two
I would also ask him to check his proxy settings, I am pretty sure he set them up as Manual.

(thank you for the early AM smile ;) )

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
he should check his billing settings. Because sometimes if you're doing automatic payments and your credit card expires, you can forget to reset it and miss some payments.

Also, has he tried turning his router off and back on again? That's happened to me a time or two
He should also check to see if his neighbors also lost service. Maybe there's an outage in the neighborhood.

It could also be an issue with MacOS Sierra or Windows 10. Has he tried rebooting or doing a clean install?

MarkusL

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
He should also check to see if his neighbors also lost service. Maybe there's an outage in the neighborhood.

It could also be an issue with MacOS Sierra or Windows 10. Has he tried rebooting or doing a clean install?
A colleague of mine has his router configured to cut off his kids' connections at 9 pm on school nights. He could ask if the ambassador has a similar arrangement.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
A colleague of mine has his router configured to cut off his kids' connections at 9 pm on school nights. He could ask if the ambassador has a similar arrangement.
This happened in the morning, which means that the ambassador forgot to check the AM/PM setting. They should switch the router's settings to the 24h option.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
He probably uses a Mac so it's expected ;)
In his defense, he has been holding off buying a new Macbook Pro since 2013....... waiting for an update.
[doublepost=1476712324][/doublepost]
Anyway, that's a great premise for a 3h Michael Bay action-mentary.. "The Outage" - based on a true story.
I can see a very long, poignant movie by Aaron Sorkin.
"The Outage" is the true story of the most wanted man on Earth waiting to re-activate his internet connection. A true introspection inside the man's unplugged thoughts in the quest of finding the truth of his own soul.

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Actually Assange cut
In his defense, he has been holding off buying a new Macbook Pro since 2013....... waiting for an update.
[doublepost=1476712324][/doublepost]

I can see a very long, poignant movie by Aaron Sorking.
"The Outage" is the true story of the most wanted man on Earth waiting to re-activate his internet connection. A true introspection inside the man's unplugged thoughts in the quest of finding the truth of his own soul.
Actually Assange severed his own service after a friend of mine sent him a little note:

OrangeKittyLOLcat.jpg

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I can see a very long, poignant movie by Aaron Sorkin.
To each their own I guess...

Just make sure it says: based on a real story yaxomoxay thread. I self-evidently corrected my previous post accordingly. Credit where credit is due and all that.

Reactions: yaxomoxay