Assault rifle with Bible verse to repel Muslim terrorists unveiled in Apopka

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Sep 3, 2015.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

when you combine guns and religion stupidity follows.
    well then why did you do it? why did you use something from the crusades? that was a christian horror in it's self.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...sts-gun-attack-prevention-20150902-story.html

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

it's called marketing, do you think the Tennessee shooter would have bought it?

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

of course but claiming you don't want to offend anyone is a blatant lie. but it will work so I guess thats all that matters.

4. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

of course that is all that matters, look at all the media exposure they are now getting, bet you these things are selling quick.

5. jerwin macrumors 65816

Truly, a weapon worthy of Anders Behring Breivik himself.

6. FieldingMellish, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015

FieldingMellish Suspended

205 mass killings in the U.S. So far? Just this year?

Someone tell Hassan to join Macrumors and post a link.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

How much is the mark-up? You could bring your AR to just about any machine shop and have it engraved with anything you want.

8. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

too much & you scratch the anodizing . I got my Spikes Zombie lower like the one shown & the price was the same as a regular lower
    [​IMG]

9. juanm, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015

juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

"How do you keep Zombies from using our guns? You etch something that would make a lightning bolt hit them the minute they use it"*

Genius.

*(reference to the video in the article, which I recommend not watching, it's appalling)

Edit: That said the safety indications are very confusing (read: unsafe) in case someone not interested in zombies were to ever put their hands on this weapon.

10. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Peace, War, and God Wills It on the trigger switch? A model for women called Pure Estrogen?

This place is too much. Frankly, at this point, I don't know why CAIR cares. The shop isn't anything more than a novelty store, making crap and selling it for too much because some idiot will think it's funny.

11. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

don't like it? don't buy is, not sure why something so simple is that hard to understand.

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'll put you down for a couple of my "Piss Christ" bumperstickers. See how long America's broadminded tolerance for edgy religious artwork keeps you safe.

13. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

see, things are that simple, I don't like it so I wont buy it, I am agnostic borderline atheist, so religious verses do nothing for me. can't remember when was the last time I had a sticker on any of my cars.

[​IMG]

14. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Um. I agree?

My point was that of this was Bushmaster engraving at the factory, I could see a reason for CAIR to comment. Them worrying about these guys is like NOW throwing a fit about a beachstand selling Big Johnson shirts.

15. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

not sure it matters if bushmaster was doing it at the factory.

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

"Edgy religious artwork?" Don't make me laugh.

Robert Mapplethorpe was a genius.

Andre Serrano is a cheap hack.

17. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

At the factory, CAIR makes a comment, says, "wow, that's really uncool. You are really offending a whole lot of people, and economically, they may have been your customers." It makes sense for an advocacy org to get involved.

The little shop on the corner, you get a Streisand Effect. How many of these would have sold if nobody worried about it? Maybe a handful (probably the same suckers that buy the Super Special Limited Editions advertised in American Rifleman - did you see that Charleton Heston commemorative whatever-it-was a few months ago). Now? Every "Muslim terrorists everywhere" crackpot, and then some, will come out in support against the forces of evil.

Let's compare it this way - should the SBC get involved if Target starts stocking shirts that read, "Baptists are stupid"? Of course. Should they get involved if Johnny Atheist gets one made at the shirt-print cart in the mall? It isn't worth it.

18. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

IT would not bother me is target did such a thing, freedom of speech.

19. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

"******":

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...4-mass-shootings-and-204-days-in-2015-so-far/

On the 204th day of the year, it was, coincidentally, 204.

http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015

"Today is Saturday, September 5th, 2015. It is the 248th day of the year."

And, 255 mass shootings.

To first order, as we say, one per day.

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

A mass shooting occurs anytime two or more rounds are fired in succession from the same gun.

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The Mass Shooting Tracker does use slightly different definitions than the previous FBI Mass Murder metric:

So. no. I would imagine that the number of events meeting the description you listed would run into the tens of millions (if counting normal range firing of weapons) - to the mere thousands - if counting the the times that random shots rang out in public, without necessarily striking anyone.

22. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

"Hilarious"

[​IMG]

23. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

My personal definition is as valid as any other random anti-gun web site's definition.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The Economist, June 19, 2015 in response to the killing of nine people inside a Charleston church.

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Here's the FBI definition:
    Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 4.35.06 PM.png