Assistance Please on Installing the OCZ Vertex3 in a New 2011 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fullrun, Jul 22, 2011.

1. fullrun macrumors newbie

I just purchased the new Apple MacBook Pro MC700LL/A 13.3-Inch i5. Want to swap out the HD for the new OCZ Vertex 3. I understand mechanically how to go about it. But what I don't know are what presets or tweaks one should do to insure a successful install. Or, if there are any tweak, that, in fact, are necessary.

For instance, I read in one of the thread that is smart to reset the PRAM and SMC from default before installation. And, if that is so, how does one go about doing that.:confused:

If anyone would be willing to take the time to give me some kind of guide towards a successful installation, it would be not only appreciated, but a great contribution. Keep in mind that this is my first shot at swapping out an HD, but watching the video it seems pretty simple... and I feel pretty capable.

Thanks for your feedback on this. Appreciated.

2. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

I swapped mine out without doing anything special. After the swap, I just inserted the OSX install disk and installed the OS to the new SSD. It was a piece of cake.

3. blackbinary macrumors member

Just install as seen in the video, and then use the recovery CD that came with your MBP to install Snow Leopard on it.

4. fullrun thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you... Thank you

Ahhh, what a relief... there is so much stuff going in different Mac related sites regarding incurred problems of compatibility... with SATAIII SSDs and the new 2011 MBP. But, I also thought that it might be specific to the SATAIII SSD that you were installing. Thanks so much. :)