Assurion replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DerekRod, Apr 9, 2012.

1. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Bought my iPhone 4S factory unlocked,Went to london it worked on 3UK,fast forward a month my phone was stolen in Manhattan,My question is did Assurion replace it with a locked phone?The replacement was a brand new 4S in the original box which was sealed.

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Not sure how you are expecting us to know this. Did you make sure they knew it was an unlocked 4S when you made the claim?

3. DerekRod thread starter macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

No I didnt tell them.Im not really expecting you to know,I want to see if anyone else has been in my sitiuation to see what happened with them.As AT&T won't tell me my lock status

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68030

If you want to know whether your replacement brand new iphone is locked or unlocked, simply go to the Apple store, ask them. They will ask you for your serial number, they will go to the back and run it and see if it's unlocked or not.

I purchased an unlocked iphone 4S, but I didn't get the "Congratulation message pop up" so I was worried they might have given me a wrong device. I went to the apple store and asked them about it. Took me to the genius just for a quick question, he asked for my serial number, he ran to the back door and ran the test, when he came back, he had a paper in his hand, and he showed me the build date, and on the paper it showed: Authorized Unlock: True. So he told me that indeed it was unlocked. Btw the model number was MD244LL (White, 32 GB Model).

Here is the reference: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1283014

The OP of that thread refers to the U.S models.